A Very Glee Christmas

"Hey, guys." said Mr. Schue as he walked into the choir room as the New Directions were decorating their tree, singing and enjoying each other's company.. "What's this?"

"We're trying to get into the Christmas spirit, Mr. Schue. Christmas is totally my favorite holiday. And check out this awesome tree. I found it on the side of the road. It must have fell off some guy's car." Finn said.

"And the ornaments?" asked Mr. Schue.

"The guy who lives next door finally killed off his elderly mother. When they carted him off, they left the house wide open." Santana explained. "I think she was a holiday hoarder."

"You could say that again." Haley added, smiling at the Latina who winked in return.

"And the presents?"

"I lifted them from a display at the mall." Puck said. "But don't worry. They're empty."

"What he means is that he basically shoplifted the fake gifts. Still isn't morally correct, even though it's a holiday." Haley clarified.

"Guys, I appreciate the effort, but this isn't what Christmas is supposed to be like." Mr. Schue said as the group frowned.

"For us it is." Mercedes added. "This tree is like a mascot for Glee Club. We won sectionals two years in a row and according to everyone at this school, we still suck."

"Yeah, and it's my first Christmas with a family that actually cares about the holidays, and acknowledges my presence." She gestured to Finn who nodded. " It's good to not be alone. Still we manage to get slushied very often." Haley added.

"I'm pretty sure they just added food coloring to real slush from the parking lot." Tina added, referring to her and Haley being slushied earlier that morning.

"No. I am not gonna let you guys throw yourselves a pity party." Mr. Schue said. "Look, I'm the first one to say that things haven't turned out exactly how I would have liked them to this year. But Christmas is all about being grateful for the things that did."

"I thought that was Thanksgiving." Finn said, very confused. Haley giggled at his comment.

"And this year Glee Club is gonna lend a hand to the McKinney-Vento Homeless Children and Youth Program right here in Lima." Mr. Schue said.

"Wait. Classrooms in this school with students in them?" Tina asked, basically the question everyone was wanting to ask.

"Well if there are no students in them there will be no one to put money in the collection box while we sing." Mr. Schue clarified.

"We're gonna be killed." Quinn said quietly.

"Plus we are risking our dignity by public humiliation." Haley added.

"And One Tree Hill is still on air." Santana added to Haley and Quinn's concerns. They giggled.

"No, guys, it's Christmas, a time for miracles." Finn spoke up. "We gotta try this."

"Finn's right." Mr. Schue said. :So let's start rehearsing. This year, Glee Club's going full Santa."
----
It wasn't a surprise when their caroling went awry. It resulted in the New Directions making a run for the door, in order to avoid being hit by things.

"I can't believe that that teacher let those students speak to us like that." Rachel said annoyed.

"I can't believe she threw her shoe at us." Puck added.

"It was very disrespectful. Frankly, one part of me was surprised and the other part of me knew something was going to go wrong.." Haley said aloud.

"We almost died." Brittany commented.

"I guess we're done caroling." Tina sighed.

"No, we're not. Guys, we can't let what just happened ruin our Christmas spirit. Mr. Schue got us this beautiful tree to inspire us. We're gonna practice now and gear up for round two tomorrow." Finn announced.

"Pretty soon, no will bully us." Brittany commented. "Santa Claus can do anything and this year I asked for the Glee Club to stop getting picked on."

"She's kidding right?" Lauren asked, cleary as shocked as everyone else.

Artie wheeled away from Brittany, motioning for the others to group around.
"Guys, this is serious. Listen up, Brittany still believes in Santa Claus."

"You cannot be serious." Mercedes said, surprised

"Last week, Brittany believed a comb had magic powers. This is a kind of pattern." Sam pointed out. 

"She believes dinosaurs are existent in the clouds. She also said that she thinks they are working to kick their ecstasy problem." Haley added.

"She's gonna find out sooner or later." Quinn said.

"Okay. Somebody needs to break the news to her." Lauren said, as everyone turned to look at Puck who shook his head.

"Don't look at me. I'm cruel and all, but that's just hard-core."

"Right? That's my point. Hear me out. Remember when you were a kid, how excited you would get when you would think about Santa Clause, how awesome it was? Christmas was the highlight of the year. Why wouldn't you wanna keep someone's world magical for a little while longer?" Artie asked.

"How?" Mike asked.

"I've got it all figured it out." Artie assured the group.
----
"Don't get me wrong. I love Brittany, but I'm  not keen on doing this." Haley admitted to the group as they were waiting in line, watching Brittany converse with one of the elf's.

"I'm not sitting on that guy's lap. Santas' laps are always really warm, and it's creepy." Quinn agreed.

"We all have to sit on Santa's lap. If Brittany sees that we all still believe it'll make her strong enough to withstand all the Santa naysayers in the world." Artie insisted.

"Which is everyone over the age of six." Sam pointed out. "I mean, not even my brother believes in it anymore."

"I never believed in him, just like I never believed in fairytale creatures or tooth fairies." Haley said, exaggerating to make her point.

"I'm pretty sure this isn't gonna work." Tina said. "That guy doesn't even look like Santa."

"I mean, it is good that they have diverse racial knowledge." Haley added.

"Trust me. All Brittany's gonna see is the suit. She wants to believe in him." Artie insisted. "Mercedes, get up there." He gave her a shove to move her forward.

"Go, Mercedes! Go, Mercedes. Go." Brittany cheered.