New York

CHAPTER 22: New York
(SEASON 2 EPISODE 22)

"New York." Haley thought in wonderment as she stood beside Sam, staring up at the skyline. She stood in Times Square with the rest of the New Directions as they took in the city.

"I want to hit up Central Park, get my frolic on." Artie said.

"I want to throw stuff off the Brooklyn Bridge." Added Brittany. Haley chuckled and smiled fondly at the innocent girl.

"I want to go everywhere." Haley said. "New York has been on my bucket list for as long as I could remember." She finished.

"Guys, hold on. I mean, we still have two songs to write." Finn said, snapping everyone out of their wonderment.

"Okay, Mr. Bossy Pants. But I think we have some time for a tune before we leave." Kurt smirked as he started singing New York, New York. Everyone eventually joined in.

"Guys, I have some news. To celebrate our impending win at nationals I got us all 13 tickets to Broadway's longest-running show ever...Cats." Rachel said excitedly.

"Wait...didn't that show complete it's run eleven years ago?" Haley asked matter-of-factly.

"He did seem crazy. He charged my credit card by swiping it through his butt crack." Rachel sighed.
----
Alright guys. This is your time. Now , you are all on lock-down till you finish writing our songs for nationals. I want at least two solid verses by the time I get back." Mr. Schue said.

"I thought you were going to help us." Haley muttered.

"I, um, I will be back and read your amazing creations and give notes. But right now I have to head to the theatre to, uh fill out some paperwork." He said.

They began to work trying to come up with songs. Eventually Artie and Brittany got up and performed My Cup. Haley couldn't help but giggle softly.

"Hold up, are you singing about a cup?" Tina asked.

"Yeah. Totally." Brittany smiled.

"We gotta get out of here." Quinn said as her and Haley walked toward the door.

"Wait. No, no, no. Mr. Schue gave us explicit instructions." Rachel said.

"To write a song. And our problem is, is that our only inspiration are mattresses and bathroom cups." Argued Quinn.

"Quinn's right. We're in the artist capital of the world. Poets, musicians, actors, playwrights, every dreamer that's ever lived has passed through this city. If we want our dreams to come true, we need to be out there with them, not stuck in here." Puck explained.

"Guys, I don't think this is a good idea. I mean, we still got those songs to write. If we don't write them, we're gonna lose." Rachel said, still unsure.

"Negative and a homebody." Haley commented as she slipped her jacket on.

"No! They're right. Can't you hear the city calling you?" Lauren asked.

"We don't need to write songs for nationals. New York's gonna write them for us." Quinn explained.

Rachel sighed, realizing she wouldn't win the argument and followed everyone as they went exploring through the city.
----
Sometime later...

"Quinn, quit hogging the bathroom I needs to re-pencil my eyebrows on." Santana knocked on the bathroom door. "Doesn't she get..."

"The bathroom's all yours." Quinn replied calmly, walking out.

"Everybody's already  in the other room working" Haley said, opening the door.

"Oh, yeah? Is Mr. Schue in there? Cause I think I'm gonna tell him that Rachel and Kurt keep sneaking off."