Nationals

"What's going on? How bad is it?" Mr. Schue asked as he came into the room.

"Her temperature's 101 degrees. Given the fact that Weezy's complaining about an upset stomach, it's either Amazonian dengue fever or the H1N1 super virus." Coach Sylvester said.

"Or I have food poisoning." Suggested Mercedes groaning.

"We all wanted burritos for lunch, so we went to Chipotle, but Mercedes tried some dive called Senora Salsation." Santana explained.

"Will, word, please." Coach Sylvester said as she whispered some stuff in Mr. Schue's ear.

"So here's what's gonna happen...Mercedes, you're on bed rest, Quinn, you're stepping in."

"No, no, no, I can't dance that number. I can't sing it either, not like..." Quinn answered, trailing off.

"The Trouble Tones need you." Mr. Scue interjected.

"Mr. Schue, this is my last competition. I don't want to miss it." Complained Mercedes, as Haley sighed.

"Amen, to that, sister. That's why I'm putting you on a vitamin B-12 drip. We're flushing your system with Pedialyte, and I'm gonna fill that bathtub body temperature back down to normal. Worked in Jacob's Ladder."

"Alright, we all have our marching orders. Let's do it."
----
Rehearsal was going well, until it escalated until Sam and Puck were at each other's throats. And Haley, mean's literally.

"Sam!!" She yelled, only to be held back by Finn and Mike.

"I can handle this one Hay, Finn said. "I don't want to see you go shooting across the room like an arrow.

Luckily, Mr. Schue cam into the room along Coach Beiste, they managed to put themselves in between the two boys.

"Hey. calm down! Hey, hey, calm down! Calm down!" Mr. Schue yelled.

"Hey, cool out!" Coach Beist said, as she got a hold of Puck.

"He's studying for geography while we're trying to rehearse! It's bogus!" Sam said, frustrated.

"Cause I already know the dance!" Puck argued, while Haley went over to Sam to try to calm him down.

"You dance like you got your feet caught in bear traps and you're trying to gnaw them off!" Puck yelled.

Haley surprisingly managed to grab Sam by the arm before he could fight again. "Sam, breathe, just calm down." She begged.

"Mr. Schue, are you aware that while we're arguing about jazz squares, Unique is being handed the key to the city by Rahm Emanuel?" Kurt asked.

"Really?"

"And plus my pillow and blanket fell into the pool. Disaster." Brittany said aloud, looking out the window.

"Look, I think everybody is just a little tired. We've been rehearsing for three hours straight." Artie pointed out.

"Yeah, and we'll rehearse all night if we have to. We can rest after we've won!" Finn said.

"Just because we've lost Mercedes doesn't mean we can be anything less than perfect. Perfect!: Rachel yelled, as she was met with profanities and disagreements.

"You just want to get into NYADA, that's why. You are making this about you. And who's the one who called Madame Tibideaux about 14 times? HUH?" Haley yelled at Rachel, as she continued to calm Sam down.

As the shouts and arguments spiralled, Haley had had more than enough. Her inner co-captain cheerio rose within her, urging her to do something. So she did. She walked into the middle of the room and yelled.

"Okay, you know what? You know what? Hey!" She clapped and yelled, getting everyone's attention. "I don't want to hear any of this, we can't do it without her bullshit, because guess what? We don't have a choice. So be warned: if you are not giving this everything you've got, Santana and I will go all Lima Heights on your sorry asses!" She said, getting into everyone's faces, as they stood shocked.

"Listen to yourselves." Mr. Schue explained.

"I'm crazy, I know. I'm sorry." Haley muttered.

"I always go to the yelling place. I have rage." Santana reassured her.

"No, it's a good thing. A great thing. There is so much passion in this room. Even all your arguing, it's about the work. You guys really want this."

Everyone nodded.

"Okay, so let's take a half-hour break, and then we'll run it from the top."

"Mr. Schue, is it okay if we keep going? We got the first slot, which is, like, the death slot. We have to be amazing." Tina said.

"Yeah, Edge of Glory's a bitch. I said I'd be dancing by Nationals. I'll be damned if I don't." Quinn stated.

"Okay, then let's keep going. Mike, help the guys out with the choreography. Artie, help Puck with his geography. Ladies, Edge of Glory."
----
"Alright, gather around, everyone! I just want to say a few words before we go out there." Mr. Schue announced, as everyone gathered in a group circle.

"Hold on, Mr. Schue. Hold on." Finn interrupted. "You've given us a lot of peop talks over the years, but remember, you told us once that, you know, a teacher's job is done when his students don't need him anymore?"

At this, Mr. Schue nodded. "Okay. Finn, the floor is yours."

"Last night we all sat around in a circle after you went to bed and we told stories." Finn explained. "But then we went around the room, and everybody said they wanted to win this thing for, and we all said the same thing:we want to win this for you."

"Yeah." Sugar agreed.

"And I know every year at school Figgins gives away the Teacher of th eYear award. But I don't think any of us have to wait to see how we feel about that. You're like, our Teacher of a Lifetime." Finn finished.

"Thank you, Finn, all of you. I love you guys so much."

"New Directions, line up." A voice called over the speakers.

"Alright, that's it. Show time. Hands in, everyone."

Before they could put their hands into the circle, the door open and Mercedes walked in.

"Now I know you weren't planning on doing the show circle without me." She said, as everyone laughed.

"Mercedes! You're alive!" Tina cheered.

"Yeah, thanks to Sue. She's a miracle worker."

"Oh, well, it's amazing what a little TLC, some cortisone and a witch doctor will do."

"Thank God you're okay because that just means I'm not gonna fall on my face during that Trouble Tones number." Quinn explained.

"Oh screw that. This is our last time performing together. You're doing it. I'm not taking no for an answer. Plus, I have so many steroids going through my body right now, I may turn into the Incredible Hulk if you piss me off." Mercedes said, causing everyone to laugh again.

The light blinked signalling them it was time to go.

"Okay, if we don't get out of this room soon, none of us will be performing. Let's go! Hands in and...A-mazing!"
----
As the girls waited backstage, Haley ran to meet Sam, so he could help her with her breathing exercises because her anxiety occasionally worsened while performing.

"You look beautiful. I love you so much, and break a leg." Sam said, giving her a quick kiss, as she smiled.

"Right back at ya. And I love you too. Let's do this thing!"

{EDGE OF GLORY-SUNG BY THE TROUBLE TONES}

{IT'S ALL COMING BACK TO ME NOW-SUNG BY RACHEL BERRY}

{PARADISE BY THE DASHBOARD LIGHTS-SUNG BY NEW DIRECTIONS}

----
After about two hours and many performances, the New Directions stood onstage with the other respected choirs waiting to hear the winner's announcement. Haley played with Sam's fingers-an anxious habit of hers, he stopped her and kept their hands intertwined.

"And now it's time to announce the winner of this year's individual show choir MVP aware. From Vocal Adrenaline, Carmel High's Wade Unique Adams!"

Haley cheered as well as everybody else in the auditorium as Unique walked to receive her prize. Now it was time for the final results.

Haley seemed to have zone out a bit because when she became attentive again, she heard the announcer getting ready to announce first place. "And now, ladies and gentlemen, quiet, please. Congratulations to both teams standing on stage. But now it's time to announce a winner. The 2012 National Show choir champions...From McKinley High in Lima, Ohio, the New Directions!"

Haley couldn't explain what she was feeling, but happiness and joy. She ran around giving hugs, and jumped into Sam's arms as he kissed her and spun her around. She could feel tears of joy falling as much as the confetti was falling.
----
The New Directions, excluding Finn and Rachel waited behind the curtain in their Nationals costumes. They could hear Principal Figgins speak.

"And now the award you've all been waiting for: Teacher of the Year. To announce the winner, please welcome to the stage the so-called Finchel."

"Hi." Finn said. "The 2012 William McKinley High School Teacher of the Year Award goes to..."

"Mr. Will Schuester!" Rachel announced as everyone in the auditorium cheered.

"Wait, just, uh...Before you come up to accept the award, we just wanted to say a few things." Finn said. "Uh...Three years ago, I thought I had it all. I was the quarterback of the football team, I was dating the head cheerleader. And then I met you, Mr. Schue, and I realized everything I was missing. There's a lot of great teachers at this school, who teach their students a lot of important stuff, like how to drive and fractions...But you teach your students how to dream. As far as I'm concerned, there's nothing more important than that."  He finished.

"Mr. Schue...When I first met you, I was just an annoying Jewish girl with two gay dads, and a very big dream. today...I still have two dads, and I'm still Jewish, and I'm probably just as annoying, but... I stand before you headed to New York City come hell or high water adn, um, I can honestly say that I couldn't have done it without you, and I will carry you every step of the wya, so... Congratulations. Um... no one deserves this more than you. We love you and...This is for you." Rachel said.

{WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS-SUNG BY THE NEW DIRECTIONS}
••••
Goodbye is coming later along with S4 Cast and S4 Ep 1: The New Rachel:)