The Reveal

A little extra chapter. Some wholesome and heartfelt content for y'all:)
•••••
SEASON 6 (Extra Chapter)
The Reveal
•••••
Haley and Sam had gone for her 18 week checkup and had gotten the gender. They didn't want to know, and they had brought Santana along so she could keep the gender a secret until the party.
---
Haley sat on the bed, researching names, even though the gender wasn't announced, she needed something to do. She was four and a half months pregnant, and the cravings had begun to get real and she was more moody than usual.

She hummed, as she typed out name ideas, and ate cheese and apple sandwiched together on bread. She didn't really care about the odd food combinations no matter the amount of teasing she got from Sam.

"Hey baby." Sam smiled, as he entered the room, crawling into bed next to her. "Watcha' reading?"

"Baby names. I have nothing better to do." She explained, as she offered him some of her weird combo sandwich. He declined the offer of food, as he wrapped his arm around her.

"Oh really? What names have you gotten down?" He asked.

"Well..if it's a girl, I really like the names Brighton, Kieran, Satyana, Keeva or Arlo." Haley began, as she moved into a more comfortable position, leaning her head against Sam's shoulder. "If it's a boy, I would somehow like Finn's name to be integrated into it. I also like the names Gray and Chace...but I'm open to more discussion."

"I like those names, Hay." Sam smiled, pressing a kiss to her forehead and stomach, like he did every night.

"The baby is going to have an amazing dad. Actually someone who loves her or him. I can't believe I'll have to share you with another human in 4 and a half months." Haley sighed.

"Well, I'm going to have to share you too." Sam smiled. "I know for a fact that the baby is going to be lucky to have you as their mom."

"Do you think we're going to be good parents?" Haley asked, as Sam frowned.

"Of course baby, why would you think the opposite?" He asked.

"I don't know, my negativity crowds my mind when I'm extremely and abnormally moody. I can't really formulate the words encapsulating all the worries, but what happens if I'm a bad mom?" Haley asked, as Sam sighed.

"To begin with, don't beat yourself with the negative crap. You're going to be an amazing mom, and I'll always be here for you, and for our baby." Sam assured her, as he wiped the tears from her face. "It's a journey, and a challenge. A gift. I'm really excited to experience this new chapter with you, Hay."

"Awe...I'm emotional." She chuckled. "We'll take it one day at a time. I know my perfectionism and negativity will often get the better of me. I wonder if our child will inherit my anxiety.." Haley trailed off.

"Well if she does, she or he won't be able to lie. I can see whenever you're not fine, even though you lie and cover it up. Like right now, you aren't fine, you're anxious." Sam pointed out, as Haley looked down at her hands, before looking back at him.

"You know me so well, it's creepy, but also reassuring." She smiled.

"Well. I've known you for almost 5 years. What can I say?" He asked, leaning down to press a kiss to her lips.

"I love you Haley, and I know everything's going to be okay."

"I love you too Sam, and I second that." Haley said, as she laid down, in his arms, after moving around to find a comfortable position.

"Now get some rest, we have a gender reveal tomorrow." Sam smirked, as she chuckled. Both of them snuggled up to each other, falling asleep instantly.
-----
Sam and Haley's gender reveal party had arrived, and Santana had made sure everything was perfect. She had stayed up till midnight the past few weeks, with the girls planning it.

Haley smiled as she walked into her living room. "This is all so beautiful Tana. Very perfect." She said as Santana smiled.

"Anything for my best friend and trouts." Santana smiled.

"Thank you for doing this, really, you and Britt are waiting a few days to leave for your honeymoon. I feel responsible for holding you two back." Haley began to ramble.

"Stop Hay, it's our pleasure. Don't go digging yourself a hole of self pity. Just celebrate today and enjoy the moments!" Santana encouraged, as Haley nodded.

"I will."

"That's my Haley." Santana smiled.
-----
After some food, some dancing, singing and a few games, Santana walked to the front, tapping her glass to get everyone's attention.
"Okay everyone, it's time for 'Saley', our ship name for Sam and Haley, if you didn't know...to find out the gender of their baby!" She announced, as everyone clapped and cheered.

Haley and Sam walked toward the black box. "Are you ready?" Sam asked, as Haley grinned.

"Yeah I am..I'm nervous and I don't know why...but I'm ready." She replied.

"Whenever you guys are ready." Santana smiled.

"3, 2, 1" Their friends cheered as Sam cut the box open.

Haley laughed as the balloons flew out of the box, and everyone shot confetti tubes.

"It's a girl!" Haley said, her eyes filling with happy tears, as Sam leaned down to hug her.

"Our little girl is going to be so loved." Sam whispered as she nodded.

"She definitely is. She already is." Haley pointed out, as Sam captured her lips in his, in a loving and passionate kiss.

"Don't cry, Hay, you're going to make me cry harder." Sam chuckled, wiping her tears.

"I'm happy, I can't help my emotions. My pregnancy prevents me from doing that!" Haley argued, as they both laughed and smiled at each other.

Their friends crowded around them, giving them a comforting and loving group hug.

"I think I'm going to be all cried out." Tina muttered, as she continued sobbing.

"Oh, god! That means I can spoil my goddaughter with diamonds and all the jewels." Santana commented.

"She's definitely going to inherit her strength from both of you and maybe Sam's sense of humour." Quinn commented, as they laughed.

"I'm just so excited, and overjoyed right now." Haley exclaimed. "I literally can't." She laughed as more tears fell down her face.

"Now we wait for a stork to drop off your baby girl." Brittany commented, making everyone giggle.

"Oh Britt." Haley shook her head fondly.
-----
"If I may have your attention." Haley said smiling at all her friends.

"I want to sing a little song. One of my favorites actually. So...this is for my daughter." Haley smiled, as Sam got up and picked his guitar, and Blaine sat down at the piano.

{I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR YOU-SUNG BY HALEY EVANS}

After the performance, everyone was in tears once again. Nevertheless, they clapped. Haley wiped some of her tears, before she let Sam pull her into his arms.

"Only 4 and a half months to go." Haley whispered as he smiled.

"I can't wait." Sam replied as he leaned down to give her a kiss, wrapping his arms around her waist as she wrapped hers around his neck. She smiled into their kiss.

All Haley felt was love, and gratefulness. She already loved her daughter, and knew that her and Sam's daughter would be loved by everyone. She couldn't ask for more.
••••
Thoughts!?

What name do you think they're going to choose?

Will she take after Sam or Haley's personality!?

Comment you questions, thoughts and theories:)