Loser Like Me

*this is a briefly short chapter.
••••

SEASON 6 Ep: 1
Loser Like Me

September 2014
Another semester of school had begun and Haley and Sam had to admit that, although they wished they were still on their honeymoon, they were happy to be together, back in Lima and working.

Haley currently stood talking to Sam about random things in the football field when they saw Rachel walking towards them.

"Hey Rach!" Haley greeted the brunette as she walked over to them. "How are you?"

"I mean, I've been better, but I'm managing." She smiled. "How are the newlyweds doing?" She asked as Haley looked up at Sam.

"We're doing amazing. We had a relaxing honeymoon. We got to travel around Europe. It was a dream. We are now living in an apartment not too far away from here. I'm coaching the Cheerios, and I'm teaching Science."

"And I'm an assistant coach. I can't yell like Coach Beiste." Sam added, as they overheard Coach Beiste yelling at some guys on the field.

"It sounds great. Okay, those guys are really good." Rachel said, as she watched one of the football players dive to make a catch.

"Yeah, they are. Yeah, Sue spent the off-season recruiting players from all over the state. She actually bought an apartment complex and moved all the family's in. I think it's legal." Sam shrugged, as he looked at Haley who also shrugged.

"Who knows where she gets the money." Haley muttered.

"What about the arts? What about music and painting? It's not right. What about the kids who don't play sports?" Rachel asked, clearly exasperated.

"We agree with you Rach, but if you have a problem you've gotta ask Sue. We unfortunately aren't in the position to do anything." Haley said, forcing a smile, after a long breath.

"Maybe I will. I'll see you both later, okay?" Rachel said, waving at Sam and Haley, before walking off.
----
A small group of people who loved and cared for Rachel, knew her confidence was shot, so they decided to go help her move onto bigger and better things.

"What's going on?" Rachel asked, as everyone gathered in her front room.

"We're here for an intervention." Blaine told her bluntly, sitting down next to her. He hadn't been doing the best after his nasty split with Kurt, and had gotten kicked out of NYADA. He now coached the Warblers and was gladly excited to be around Haley and Sam again.

"Rachel, we're genuinely concerned about you. We want to help you move on." Haley commented as she and Sam sat down on one chair together.

"We're gonna watch "That's So Rachel." Mr. Schue said.

"No, no, no, no we're not. I don't think it's time." Rachel said, as she buried her face in the cushion she was holding.

"I think you're ready to face your fears." Blaine said, taking her hand and giving it a comforting squeeze.

"I don't think so Blaine." Rachel protested anxiously.

"Until you sit down and watch "That's So Rachel" and realize that it really wasn't that bad, you're never going to get over it." One of her dad's said.

Hoping to cheer up Rachel, who was attempting to hold in her crying, they all laughed exaggeratedly and made positive comments, while Haley made sarcastic comments to mask the fact that the show sucked.

"It's so horrible." Rachel gasped.

"It's not that bad." Blaine lied, in attempts to reassure her.

"Blaine, it's horrible." Sam said, turning around.

"The harsh truth it sucked." Haley commented.

Rachel suddenly gasped, at the next part of the show. "Oh my god, the cats! The cats were the worst part. They started spraying everywhere!"

Haley screamed falling off Sam's lap when the set collapsed on Cert. "Oh god...forgot about that. I thought you were singing?"

"Well they cut it." Rachel explained. "Okay, Mr. Schue can you please pause it? I can't watch any more. Please."

"I think it's charming." Her dad nudged her.

"It's a monstrosity." Rachel breathed out, as the rest of the group nodded.

"You're right. I mean, this isn't the beginning you hoped for but it's still a beginning. And since when are you a girl that does it the easy way?" Her dad asked.

"It's true. You are ambitious, and driven. You work until you get what you want. You'll literally stop at nothing. It's a strong gift, Berry." Haley complimented.

"It's just a TV show. It's not who you are. You're not gonna be defined by this failure. The future will judge you by the way you find back from it." Mr. Schue added.

"And we'll be there every step of the way." Haley added.

Rachel sighed, before nodding.
•••••