Chapter 13

-----------------------------------------FLASHBACK-----------------------------------------

|ALEX'S POV|

            Alice and I were having a blast. Everyday we would go and meet up and just talk or make out. One time we drove to the hills and waited for the sunset while we we’re sitting at the back of my truck; beers and food on hand. We were holding hands and then I looked at her and asked her “Babe what would happen in a month? I’m leaving and I don’t think I’ll be able to come home often.  I’ll try my very best to come and see you twice every month but that’s just it. What would happen cause to be honest.. I’m scared.” I confessed to her. I never show her my weakness but this time I just couldn’t help it. I love her so much; she’s my first love.

            “I don’t know. As you’ve said cross the bridge when we get there? I love you. We’ll work this out. Okay babe?” Alice looked at me. I know she was also worried and scared.

            “Okay. I love you. We’ll work this out. Forever and always.” I replied and just held her hands we then waited for the sun to set. I love moments like this with her. She’s just so simple. She hates it when I bring her to fancy stuff. She just wants to sit on the beach and wait for sunrise or go uphill and watch the sunset or like stay somewhere with blankets and just look at the stars at night. She’s also happy with take-outs or fast foods. We both love going on road trips so the longer we drive, the happier we are. Also when driving we eat at every diner and cake/pastry shop we see, it’s our thing. She also loves sitting on me and just hugging me.

            We went home after the sunset. I brought her home and I went home. As I entered the house my mom and my dad called my attention and asked me to sit with them on our living room.

            “Alex. What are your plans?” My dad asked me.

            “Uhm. I told you right? I’m going to LA. I’m going to take up construction engineering and that’s it.” I replied a little pissed. They’re starting to pressure me. They’ve been asking me to go to LA to look for an apartment and to settle everything before the semester starts but I’ve been playing deaf.

            “If that’s your plan why don’t you start acting on it? Fly to LA the day after tomorrow; enroll, look for an apartment and make sure everything is settled. Remember you only have 3 weeks left before the semester starts.” My mom then told me. Once they start, they won’t stop telling me to do stuff. They’ll repeat this every time they see me and not stop until I fly to LA.

            “Can I do that a week before the class starts? I’m still enjoying the little freedom I get before entering the college life. I’m not yet ready.” I tried reasoning out. I really hate it when I’m pressured, it doesn’t do me any good.

            “ALEXANDRA VICTORIA AUSTIN! GET YOUR PRIORITIES STRAIGHT!” My dad raised his voice. My dad never gets mad. Wait he does get mad but like once in a blue moon. He doesn’t want me to take a year for a break. He never believed in that. He wants his children to go straight to college. No college degree = no trust fund so even if we don’t want to go to college, we can’t avoid it to have a piece of our parent’s fortune.

            “Dad. Can you give me until the end of the week? On Sunday, you can book me a flight to LA to finish everything. If I finish it in 2 or 3 days, will you allow me to go back? I mean since I still have a week and a half before the semester starts.” I told them defeated.

            “You really don’t read anything, do you? Before the semester starts, as a freshman you’ll be attending tours and orientations. You even have to sign up for a club and all that so you’ll be spending that week and a half for that. READ ALEXANDRA. It helps.” My dad again said calming down a bit.

            “Okay dad. I’ll fly on Sunday. Just give this week to me. Please?” I said to him and then I excused myself and went to my room. I then called Alice and told her the news. She said that we’d just make the most out of the 5 days we have left before I move. I smiled with the thought of her understanding that this is for my future and that this is something that I really have to do.

            I woke up with messages from Alice counting down to the days we have left. We spent the day at the park just chilling. Then for the next 4 days we went to the fair, on a road trip and then went to go see the sunrise and set on the same day, then for our last day we just spent the whole day hugging and talking and just loving every moment we spend together.

            As I was packing I received a message from Alice that said “Hey you’re leaving tomorrow. I’m going to miss you, love! Good luck to us. You for entering college and me for entering my senior year.” Simple yet meaningful.

            I then stopped packing and replied to her text telling her that we should and we’re obliged to talk everyday. She said yes.

            Tomorrow.. I’m leaving for LA. For the first time in my life, I’ll live away from my parents. I can smell the awesomeness of freedom and of doing everything that I please. I’m kind of excited but at the same time I’m feeling this weird sadness because I know that I will be leaving Alice.

            I woke up to my mom’s shouting. She was trying her best to wake me up telling me that I’ll be late for my flight and all that. I forced myself to get up and shower. We then went to the airport. “I’m going to miss you baby. While you’re looking for a place, your dad and I booked you a hotel. You have 4 days to look for a condo or an apartment. Okay? I’ll email you the details. Good luck there, okay? Have fun but don’t forget your responsibilities and priorities. I trust you.” She hugged me crying. My mom was emotional. She was bawling her eyes out.

            “I promise mom, dad. I love you both. Buddy, take care of mom and dad, okay? Love you all.” I then gave them a final hug and boarded the plane.

            “Miss Austin, your plane is leaving in 10 minutes. Kindly board now.” I looked at them one last time blew them a kiss and then walked to the plane. I texted Alice before turning my phone off “Bye love. I’ll see you soon. Okay? Will talk to you later. Plane now. I love you”. I then got my laptop and worked on stuff concerning college.

            LOS ANGELES HERE I COME.

A/N: HI GUYS!! SORRY FOR THE LONG WAIT AND THE SHORT CHAPTER HAHA but here ya go. Happy early vodka day i mean happy early valentines :D