Chapter 2

-----------------------------------------FLASHBACK-----------------------------------------

|ALEX’S POV|

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK – YEAR 2007

To: Bianca Davis

            I’m sorry. Please talk to me! I promise I’ll stop. I need you. I love you.         Please forgive me.

* sending message * Bianca Davis was my girlfriend. No, by now it would be ex-girlfriend. We were together for 5 months; we started out as best friends and eventually fell in love. We were both seniors in an all girls’ school and everyone adored us together.  The cool fat kid and the school’s top swimmer. How cute. I was texting Bianca that because for the hundredth time, she caught me smoking again. She made me promise to quit smoking and I told her I already did but I actually didn’t. She loves me she totally does but if she doesn’t forgive for this I would totally understand. I was a mess. And maybe she’s full of my bullshit by now so if she leaves I’m going to let her go.

            From: Bianca Davis

                You promised me. You swore to me, how could you lie to me? I’m making quit for         your own good but you never listen to me. I thought you love me, so why can’t you listen once and     for all? I’m sorry Alex, you’re special and I hate losing not just a lover but also my best-est         friend, but I’m tired. I’m tired of keeping up with your antics.

                            I will always love you. Please take care of yourself.

Okay another day, another break-up but this time I’m not gonna stop her so I just ignored her text and continued with my day. I loved Bianca but maybe that love wasn’t enough. She deserves someone better. She deserves a guy who would love her and treat her right, and I’m saying this as a best friend and not as her ex. I was devastated but I won’t let this ruin my day so I walked to class and sat at my usual spot at the back with my friends. I was actually pretty friendly and I was friends with everybody in my year level but I’m closest to the popular bad girls group. We were 8 in the group and everyone loved us. We don’t bully students, okay joke we do bully students but only the deserving ones, we were referred to as the bad girls because we’re the group who usually sneaks alcohol and cigarettes to school. We are also the ones who are behind all the pranking our teachers’ experiences. I would love to share to you everything my group and I does but that is not the point of my story so back to what I should be talking about..

Anyway I sat on my spot and started daydreaming when suddenly a paper landed on my table. It was from Haley it read “I HAAAVEEE GOOOOD NEWS FOR YOUUU!!!” I looked at her, mouthed the words WHAT YOU FUCKER and pointed to my phone. She then knew what she was supposed to do.

From: Haley Parker

Still remember the junior that you liked? Well her name is Alice, and I have her number. You want it?

Bad news: She’s straight. Never had a thing for girls.

            Haley was always like this, she knew that the only way to heal my broken heart is to find someone to replace the current person in my heart. And now she thinks Alice would be able to replace Bianca. I mean yeah, I’ve had this huge crush on Alice for about 2 years now but she can never ever compare to my sweet and innocent Bianca. I looked at Haley and said not now.