Chapter 6

PRESENT DAY

|ALEX’S POV|

SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA – YEAR 2014

            “So? How are you holding up? Still with me, Natalie? Have any ideas how I confessed to her?” I stopped telling my story telling because I wanted to see her again and since she’s so interested with my life story better cut it into parts so that she’ll not have a choice but continue seeing me.

            “Yeah and don’t tell me you’re ending the story there and not telling me the rest..” She pouted and she looked so adorable. I just smirked at her and ordered desserts. I ordered a sugar free gelato and she got chocolate lava cake. By now I know that she’s a cake lover, her eyes lit up the moment the cake was placed in front of her.

            “With the amount of food you ate, I’m starting to wonder why you’re so skinny. Teach me how you do that!” She just laughed at me and continued savoring her cake. I watched her as she was eating and she was really enjoying it.  2 times of hanging out and I’m already smitten by her. Oh god I’m not yet ready to fall in love. Not yet at least. Busy schedule plus a not ready heart is the equation for a total heartbreak.

            “Can you please finish your story already?” She asked me trying to look cute. I’ve went out with enough women to knew what she was doing. Instead of giving her a no, I tried my best to look cute too while moving my head left and right. Two can play a game.

            “Stop that face. It makes me want to bite you.” She said smiling.

            “Oh yeah? If that’s the case I’m not going to stop till you do.” I replied smirking.

            “Are you flirting with me, Ms. Austin?”

            “It’s worth a try, Ms. Devoraux.”

            She just smiled at my remark and continued eating her cake. I knew from the moment we first saw each other that she was the person who was gonna make me believe in love again but I don’t know if I’m ready to open my heart again.

            We finished eating and we decided to call it a night. She was tired and so was I. When we went out the restaurant I just kissed her cheek and we parted ways. She didn’t need me to drive her home because her driver was with her.

            I had a great night so before sleeping I decided to text her.

            To: Natalie Devoraux

Hey thanks for tonight. Next time I’m going to pay, and I assume that there will be a next time since I wasn’t able to finish my story. What do you think?

            I then took a shower and changed to my wife beater shirt and shorts. I went out to get water in the fridge and I wished I didn’t because there I saw Rachel and some guy having sex. It’s a sight I never want to see again.

            “You fucker! You have a room! Do it there next time. You have a fucking roommate for Christ’s sake. If you ever do that again, I swear to god Rachel I’m going to sew your vagina.” I was pissed because well I didn’t want to see. The noise was enough, I’m not into live sex by other people. I heard them giggling and I just ignored them. I was about to go to bed when my phone rang.