Chapter 23

|ALEX'S POV|

New York – YEAR 2014

"Hi, how are you?" I asked while entering the car.

"Nothing really, I was bored and everybody was busy with their own stuff. It's my first free day in a while and I just want to have fun. How about you?" She casually replied while looking at her phone.

"You do know how much I hate it when people talk to me without actually looking at me, right?" I joked. "Anyway, first free day in a while? Busy doctor, huh. I've been on multiple meetings that bore the crap out of me." I then laughed.

"Sorry about the phone, somebody texted me and I thought it was the hospital. You never really had a thing for the business, never developed it, I guess?" She then asked.

"Nope, not before, not now. Where are we going?" I asked and her phone vibrated again. I didn't mean to look but I saw that she had a message from Lorraine. Pretty sure that's the Lorraine who got in our way before. "Lorraine, huh? Is something going on?" I joked. I hated it but pretty sure I was kind of jealous from seeing her name pop up. I don't understand why I'm jealous, but I am.

"Uhh no. She's just scheduled to perform at this venue I co own and I was asked by my business partner to text her regarding the performance.." She was hesitant in her answer. I wonder if something is really going on between them.

"Since when did you two start talking?" I said before I could stop myself. I don't know why it felt like I was interrogating her. I can't help it. "I'm sorry. That came out wrong, it's none of my business."

"It's fine, to answer your question, since today. Like right before you hopped in." She replied hiding a smile.

"Okay, you should've asked her to lunch instead of me." I replied. Annoyance clearly on my voice.

"But I don't want to have lunch with her, I prefer to have lunch with you. Is Natalie going to have a problem with this?" She then said smile now very visible on her face.

"Nah, we are not official and besides, we're just friends going out for lunch. There's nothing wrong with that. Besides she trusts me enough to know I will never cheat on her, exclusive or not." I then replied still annoyed.

"Oh. Okay." Smile disappeared on her face and we were met with an awkward silence. I didn't know what to say, and pretty sure the feeling is mutual. The tension in the air is vibrant.

We arrived at one of my favorite burger joints. I was surprised she remembered and that the joint is still open. I haven't been here in a while because of my strict diet. "I'm surprised you remember my favorite place here outside New York." 

"How can I ever forget? You and Haley couldn't stop talking about it before and we never actually got to try it together. I once came here before and I understand why it's your favorite. It's beyond heavenly." She smiled.

"I know, you should really trust my taste in food." I joked. I then proceeded to order our food and we both argued for a while on who should pay. I eventually tricked her into making me pay. We had an enjoyable lunch just catching up and not bringing up anything about the past. It felt like we were both getting to know each other. The new versions of each other.

After lunch we went to an arcade where we spent our afternoon entertaining my geek side. We played pool, raced, challenged each other to a game of hoops and go kart. We also played mini golf. It felt like the old times. The whole time we were there, we were both smiling. As if the world revolved around us. 

It was that moment that made me question whether I still had feelings for her or not. I'm more confused than ever. I like Natalie but having Alice back in my life is refreshing. I was taken back to my younger years and that's one thing I loved the most. 

I was surprised that the moment she dropped me off, I started to miss her company, her scent, her as a whole. Could I be setting myself up for another heartbreak? Or is this really where I'm supposed to be? Should I stick to Natalie and just stop talking to Alice? Or break things off with her and give Alice and I a second chance? 

HII GUYS!

Thank you so much for the support and I'm really sorry for the short update. I'm super busy but I've gotten like 5 messages from readers asking me to update. So really sorry again but this is the best I could do.

I'm graduating in May and I want to invest all my time into making sure that I keep my grades up. So I'll be MIA again for a while, but I'll be back soon! 

Thank you! 

xx