Chapter 9

CHAPTER 9

-----------------------------------------FLASHBACK-----------------------------------------

|ALEX'S POV|

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK - YEAR 2008

            4 months has passed and my relationship with Alice was strong as ever. Everybody in school speculates our involvement with each other but we just shrug it off. Only our close friends know what is really going on between us. We kept that no label but we’re together thing. For me she was my girlfriend and for her I was hers. We still haven’t had our big fight, we fight but we resolve it by end of the day.

            She still gets mad everytime I talk or hang out with Bianca. She thinks that I still have this feelings for her but to be honest I really don’t have anything for her. She was my friend and I wouldn’t just turn my back on that friendship just because Alice is jealous. She’ll get over it like I got over her talking to the person she almost had a relationship with. Yeah she revealed to me that she almost had this relationship with Lorraine. She explained that she didn’t love her yet but she had this crush on her. Lorraine was older than me by 4 years. Their relationship didn’t prosper because Lorraine isn’t constant. She’s sweet this week then she’d forget Alice the next and so on and so forth. And then one day Alice just woke up with Lorraine gone for good, she never texted again. Well she did when she heard that Alice and I were kind of a thing. I was jealous but no big deal.

            We finally told each other we love each other about 2 months ago. We were driving around and I brought her to a farm where we could pick strawberries and stuff. There I told her I love her and she said she loves me too. I still haven’t kissed her (lips) it’s always forehead or cheeks or hand. I respected her that I didn’t really want to steal that. I know that even though we love each other so much this won’t last forever. She might wake up one day realizing that she really is a girl and destined to be with a guy so I didn’t want her to regret that she gave her first kiss to a woman. She’s still a woman and somehow she’s still destined to marry and have a family.

            Today is the day of our graduation. Alice promised me that she would attend because today will also be the last day that she’s going to see me, day after graduation I’m taking the first flight to Europe with Haley and Bianca and we’ll stay there for 2 months just exploring. It’s my parents’ graduation gift to me and they asked me to bring 2 friends with me so I chose Haley and Alice but since Alice won’t be allowed and my other friends has plans, I asked Bianca and thank god she said yes.

            We attended the boring ceremony and Alice was nowhere to be found. The entire time my eyes were scanning for Alice but I couldn’t find her. I then texted her and she wasn’t replying. I was disappointed because she promised and I was hoping that because I never break a promise, she would do the same too. The entire time Haley and Bianca tried to distract me from the thought of Alice not being here by telling me their plans and all that. It was time to get Bianca to try her first drunken night. I was excited yet sad because my love isn’t here.

            To: Alice Lewis

Love, where are you? Last day here remember? When I get back from Europe, I’d just  be in NY for 3 days then I’m going to leave for LA :( Please see me today. I know you’re still not comfortable with me and Bianca travelling together for 2 months but I promise nothing will happen. I will never ever cheat on you. I swear. Trust me please and again please see me today :( I love you, baby.

            From: Alice Lewis

Douche I’m here at the back with Diana. I told you I would come right? I’m here :) Now go and just concentrate on graduating. And btw, I know you wouldn’t cheat. I trust you. Let’s talk about this later. I love you too :)