Chapter 12

-----------------------------------------FLASHBACK-----------------------------------------

|ALEX'S POV|

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK - YEAR 2008

            We got to New York evening of next day. Alice didn’t text or call me, wow she must have been really hurt that I didn’t give her a an answer so I immediately texted Alice’s sister to inform her of my plan, she wasn’t clear about it so I told her to go to a room where Alice won’t hear her.

            “Carrie listen. Your parents’ aren’t around, right?” I asked.

            “Yeah, they’ll be back next week though. Why?” Carried replied.

            “Well buddy I need a favor. Can you please keep Alice out of the house and inform your housekeeper that I’m going to use her room. I have a plan and I want her back, will you help me?”

            “Yeah sure, for how long though and what time should we leave?”

            “She usually wakes up at 8, right? So leave at 10 then be back home around 4 in the afternoon and as soon as you’re on your way home then text me. Okay? Sounds good?”

            “Yeah, good luck. I’ll text you when you can come over. Bye Alex.” Carrie then hang up. Yes I’m glad I’m friends with her sister. This makes everything easier.

            My plan is to actually fill her room with 45 helium balloons and in each is a piece of paper that contains a reason why I love her. And then I would scatter petals of roses in her room, make it magical. Her favorite colors are Gray and Yellow so 45 gray and yellow balloons, a bag of petals and 45 pieces of tulips arranged to look wonderful. It was early 8pm so I still had time to go to the shop to buy and order stuff I need.

            I called up my girls Haley, Angela and Vanessa. They were the ones who helped me asked her to be my girlfriend and now I’m regrouping us again to win Alice back. I told them my plan and they decided they would help me. We went to pick up the balloons and ordered the flowers. We also went to buy her favorite chocolates. We then went to my Vanessa’s house and started doing the balloons; they were inflating it while I wrote the 45 reasons why I loved her. I wanted it to be handwritten so that it would feel more special.

            We fell asleep around 4 in the morning and when my alarm blasted around 8 am I woke them up and then we had breakfast. Finally around 10:30 Carrie texted me that the coast was clear and we all placed the stuff we needed in my car and drove to Alice’s house. We were welcomed by their butler and was led straight to Alice’s room.

            We started to put everything in place. It was 3 pm when we actually finished decorating I was exhausted as hell. The butler kept sending us food, apparently Carrie told him to keep feeding us so that was good. We started cleaning up so that it would look perfect when my phone buzzed, it was a text from Carrie saying that they’ll be home in ten minutes. I then rushed to my car, parked it somewhere where she wouldn’t see it, I then ran to the house. I went to the room, checked myself out and then got the bouquet of tulips, stood at the corner and waited for her to come up.

            Around 2 minutes later, I then heard their car pull up and that’s when I got nervous. We haven’t talked in a day and it feels weird. I mean we’re not yet technically back together but we will be in awhile. I then heard the sound of her boots nearing the door of her room. My 3 girls went to Carrie’s room they said they’ll stay there while we make up. The knob turned and I knew that this was it. She then entered and the moment she saw me, she ran to me and gave me a hug. I can’t help but smile. I then pulled her back and cupped her face.