Chapter 5

CHAPTER 5

-----------------------------------------FLASHBACK-----------------------------------------

|ALEX'S POV|

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK - YEAR 2008

I couldn't do it. I seriously don't know how and when I would tell her how I actually felt about her but it's been a week and the whole time I've been debating with myself whether I should just confess or what. We've really gotten close and I can't help it. I fall for her more everyday, it's just so hard not to. I mean she's a freakin goddess and she's attractive.

"Hey Alex!! Snap out of whatever you're thinking, look there someone's getting cozy with Alice." Haley then pointed me to where Alice was. I hate to admit it but I'm fuming with rage. I recognized that girl she was in my group during the events and she was from Alice's year level. I hate it that she made Alice laugh and that she held alice's hand, I mean I'm sure it means nothing to Alice because they're really good friends but Alice told me that this girl once confessed to her. I have no rights to get jealous though, I mean we're not even together. I haven't even told her how I really felt.

"Let's go, I need air." I walked pass her and I looked at her, she looked back and smiled but I ignored it. I continued walking away until we go to the field. We still have around 10 minutes before classes start. I sat on the field and just looked at the beauty of our school. Haley understood that I didn't want to talk and just I want her to be there but not say anything.

When the bell rang we returned to our classroom and on my way there I bumped into someone. "I'm really sorry, I wasn't watching where I was going. Are you okay?" I said while picking her up stuff.

"No it's okay, it was my fault." I then recognized that voice. It was Bianca and she was talking to me. This just caused my mood to shift from very pissed to happy. I'm happy that she started saying something to me again. I've already moved on and I was past this, I just really want to have my other best friend back that's why I was happy. I told Alice about this and I wasn't sure if her dry replies means that she's jealous or just not in the mood. I didn't want to assume because I didn't want to get hurt.

"Bree are you okay? Let's get to class. Here, let me help you." She smiled and handed me some of her books. Well I guess we're going to be friends again. When we got to class gladly our teacher wasn't there yet. I then placed her books on her table and when I was starting to go to my seat I heard Bianca calling me and asking if I wanted to talk until our teacher gets here, I smiled and said of course.

"So bree bree how are you? You and your guy okay? You two official?" I asked her while putting on my most genuine smile.

"No not official, I promised my mom, remember? No boyfriend 'til I graduate college." She then patted the seat next to her as if offering me to sit there while waiting.

"I see. How's mom and dad? And your siblings? Haven't seen them in a long time. Hope mom got my Christmas and New Year greeting for her and dad" I then sat next to her. I call her parents mom and dad because that's what they want me to call them. They treat me me like a daughter and they trust me with Bianca's life.

"They're good, they miss you. You should come and visit sometime." Bianca then held my hand and said "I also miss you. Can I have my best friend back?" Those words caught me in surprise. I cup her face and said "Your best friend never left and she'd be happy if you two became friends again." She returned my smile and we just stared into each other's eyes.

"Are you two back together?" Someone shouted from the back. We both just laughed so hard. Bianca is back and i love it. I'm glad I got my best friend back. We then decided to have lunch together just the two of us to catch up. Our teacher then entered the room and there I said bye to Bianca and went back to my seat. Halfway through the class I fell asleep.

I was shocked because when I woke up it was already break time. Couldn't believe I slept for 3 hours straight and nobody even dared to wake me up. "Good sleep?" Bianca approached me. "Why didn't you wake me up?" I said to her while rubbing my eyes. "You look so peaceful and we didn't want to disturb you" she said giggling.

"You two know that word of you two getting back together is the talk of the school, right?" Alex said smirking. She then asked if i'll eat lunch with them and I said no. She said okay and left. "Let's go?" I asked Bianca extending my hand to her. She took it and we went to lunch. We talked about the most random happenings in each other's lives. I filled her in about me and Alice then she filled me in about her and Philip. She said she knows everything about me and Alice because that's been the gossip in this school for about 2 months now and she always sees me and Alice in the morning.

"I think you're in love with her. I mean it's obvious. I've seen the way you look at her, you never looked at me that way. You always tell me that I'm your greatest love but with the way you treat her, I think you're there Alex. I think you've found your match." Bianca looked at me in the eye seeing if what she said was right.

I just smiled and said "I don't know, I don't have the courage to tell her what I really feel. I wish I could say the same for you but I haven't even met Philip yet." Shen then laughed and I don't know why but I feel like someone is looking at me.

The day ended and I asked her if I could bring her home. I miss her family and I want to see them. She then called her mom and her mom said that she would prepare snacks for us. As I was about to leave school, I saw Alice riding her car. Good because I couldn't bring her home since I'm going to Bianca's. She saw us and instead of smiling like she usually does she just ignored me. I really didn't mean to make her mad. Bianca was my friend.

We arrived at Bianca's house and I bonded with her family. They said they missed me and my humor. I was really having a great time but I have to be home at 8 so I bid them all goodbye and went home. I then had dinner with my family and mom and dad interrogated me about my plans for college.

After that stressful college talk I went to my room and checked my phone, Alice hasn't texted me yet so I decided to call her. After 4 rings I thought she wouldn't pick up so when I was about to hang up she picked up.

"Hey" Alice greeted me.

"Hey, you okay? Did you eat your dinner?" I asked her and she just said yeah. She was dry so there seem to be a problem.

"Hey Alice what's wrong? And don't tell me nothing because I know that something is up." She just said nothing and then she said that she was going to bed because she was tired and she wants to sleep. I said goodnight and she just said okay. Was she mad? What did I do? I mean she doesn't like for sure so why is she acting like this?

I woke up and I hurriedly went to school I wanted to be there before she arrives. I arrived 30 mins before the first bell rings. I was just in my car waiting for her when suddenly her car stopped in front of the entrance and she went down. She looks like a zombie. She slept early last night so why this face?

"Good morning, zombie." I greeted her and then I grabbed some of her things. I walked her to her locker and she haven't uttered a word to me yet. I nudged her and asked her what's wrong but she just said nothing. So I pulled her to the bathroom, locked the door and confronted her.

"I know something's up. What is it? Tell me please, I'm begging you." I paced and waited for her to answer.

"Just let it go, okay? I'm sorry let's go back to normal. I don't like feeling like this. That as if we're fighting. I'm sorry. Back to normal. Okay? How are you and BIanca? Word around here is that you're back together." She asked me.

"We're not. We're just friends. Good friends. I don't even like her like that anymore. I like somebody else and honestly I don't know how to tell her." I then said. We walked out of the restroom and there was an awkward silence between us. I then walked her to her room and bid her goodbye.

"Hale. I have to tell her. I can't bottle thus up anymore. Help me. I don't want to sound so desperate." I said to Haley, she just looked at me and said "I have an idea. February 9, right? That's the day you picked for your confession? We have 3 days."

I picked February 9 because Feb. 14 was too common and 9 is the sum of our favorite numbers. Her favorite number was 4 and mine was 5. Haley then told me her plan and them we got our friends to help me prepare..

this is it.. I'm telling her in 3 days. 3 days... I'm scared.