Chapter 3

|ALEX’S POV|

SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA – YEAR 2014

            “It’s getting late, let’s get you home and we should continue this some other time over dinner, what do you say?” I looked at Natalie hoping she’d say yes. I’ve been telling her my story for about 2 hours now and it’s almost 3am. “No please continue. I’m excited to know what she texted you.” She looked at me with those beautiful blue eyes as if pleading me to continue. “No no, let’s get you home, Haley texted me that she’s on her way to pick us up. Let’s continue some other time, at least you’ll have a reason to go out with me. Not in a date kind of go out but as a friend. So, come?” I said to her and she sighed and replied okay. We gathered our things and went outside. I saw that she was cold so I gave her my coat. “Here take it, another reason for you to see me, and by the way, I figured you still won’t give me your number so I put my number there in one of the pockets, hope you’d text me.” I then winked at her. She just bleh-d at me and turned the other way around. I smiled and then I saw my car, my baby. Haley and Jessy transferred to the backseat and I got in the driver seat and Natalie sat in the front seat.

            “So you want me to bring you home or back to the club assuming you parked your car there?” I asked her, my eyes on the road. “Actually I don’t drive, went there with a friend and since you forced me to grab coffee with you, she left me and it’s your obligation to take me home.. safely.” She said smirking and gave me her address. “Calm down woman, if going out with me was that bad that you really shove into my face that I forced you then it won’t happen again. I apologize” I said faking hurt. She then sighed and was silent the whole car ride. Haley and Jessy didn’t even realize what was happening, they continued tickling and kissing each other. I was so jealous of them but I said I wouldn’t love again after what happened to me 5 years ago. When we got to her house, she said thanks and hurriedly went down my car, she even left my coat on the seat. Guess I’m never going to see her again. We all went home and I went to my room. I couldn’t sleep because the thought of Natalie was consuming my thoughts. I seriously thought she was pretty cool and we might have the chance but no.

            5am came and my alarm was blasting, haven’t slept yet but I got up and got my jogging gear up. I proceeded with my morning routine hoping it would take my thoughts off Natalie but to no avail she was still on my mind by the time I finished beating myself up. I took a shower and sat on my bed with my laptop on my lap, I was too stressed and I couldn’t sleep so I got up and lit a cigarette. It always calms me down, when I was done smoking I went back to bed and got my laptop, signed into facebook.. I saw that I had a message from an old classmate informing everybody in our batch that we will be having a reunion on December when everybody is back for the holidays, I immediately checked the going icon because well I miss my other friends. Haven’t seen them since I moved here and I’m excited for them to see the new and improved me.

            I then felt sleep trying to crawl to me so I plopped my laptop down and started to try going to sleep.. after a few minutes I fell asleep and as usual I dreamt of that night again. I woke up with tears on my eyes, why does it still hurt? Why is it haunting me? I really don’t understand. Is it because I ran away from pain? Or is it because that after everything I’ve been through she’s still the one I wanted? I still remember that painful day, I begged, I cried but nothing. It destroyed me. That night destroyed me.

            I really want to stop thinking about it I mean I thought I’ve finally moved on.. but I guess I’m being reminded why I should not care and should not think about Natalie much so I went decided to just go through this day. I woke up, took a shower and checked my email. I saw that I had a mail from my boss asking me to check the costings of my next project I did it and I texted my brother Xavier about our dinner tonight. It didn’t take long before he replied the address of the restaurant we were going to go to. I went out of my room and noticed that nobody was home. Well I guess Haley was out with Jessy and Rachel? Well she’s Rachel, she’ll be home tonight. I went to the kitchen to grab something to eat, I then ate a little and I went back to my room and browsed through my facebook feed, I then saw the playbill of Alice’s playbill. Wow she’s going to portray Cinderella, good for her she’s achieving her dreams. I decided to do something for work for a while before changing.