Chapter 16

-----------------------------------------FLASHBACK-----------------------------------------

"Ready to go, sweetie?" Mom asked me.

"Yeah, let's go." I replied and went to the car. We went to the airport. And while sitting and looking at the airplanes, I thought about everything that happened the past week that I was in NY. And of course the past years. After that realization hit me I spent the whole week trying to fix myself. I applied to different schools away from America. I know that if I wanted to turn my life around, I needed to get out of this place.

"Hey we're boarding. What are you thinking, sweetie?" My dad said sounding worried.

"Nothing dad, I just realized stuff. Let's go." I then boarded the plane and sat on my seat. I got my headphones and listened to music before drifting to sleep.

The whole trip that my parents called "Pilgrimage" changed me. I didn't stop smoking but I decided to stay away from alcohol and drugs. I then checked my email and found out that I was accepted in a university in Australia because my professor recommended me. He said that I was a person who is lost but contains so much passion for engineering. And that I could be huge someday. Of course in my essay I also told them that I was just lost and that I'm ready to fix my life. So they accepted me. I then told my parents about it and they said that they're willing to give me another chance. So they bought me a plane ticket to Australia and they paid for the first three months of my rent.

I then told them that I don't want to be a freeloader anymore and that I wanted to change my life. I wanted to pay my own bills and buy a decent car from what I'm gonna earn. So they said yes. I will walk to school everyday and I applied for work. I'm going to be a working student. I'll pay my own rent and bills.

I told my friends the news 2 week before leaving because I wanted to make sure everything is set first before shouting to the world that I was leaving. And the moment they knew they organized this going away party for me at the clubhouse near our alma mater. They hired an event coordinator and a dj. It was overwhelming how much effort they put in order to make my going away party a success. I promised myself this would be the last time I would really get drunk and party.

From: Haley Parker

Party will start at 10. Be there. The whole world is invited. Haha just kidding but I heard almost 200 confirmed their attendance.

To: Haley Parker

Dude what?! How many did you guys invite? Or better yet, WHO DID YOU INVITE?!

From: Haley Parker

Everyone you know. HAHA good luck buddy. See you!

I couldn't believe this my friends invited everyone in town. I'm sure I won't recognize 70% of the people who will show up. And I have this feeling that this party is gonna be a good one. I mean dj + dance floor + golf + swimming + a lot of other activities = AN AWESOME NIGHT.

That night, I dressed up in a casual flannel shirt and pants then wore my dr. marten's boots. That's probably my signature look. And then drove to the country club. It was 10:30 when I got there since I had to finish something important at home. I parked my Mercedes Benz G-Class into the parking spot that has a clear sign that says "RESERVED FOR ALEX. IF NOT ALEX, YOU WILL BE TOWED". Good one Hale.

The moment I stepped into the venue the music stopped and the dj announced that I was in the house. Everybody screaming. I bet it didn't start at 10. It probably started at 8:30 because I can see drunk people around. And I was right, I didn't know 70% of the population here. I said thank you and told them to back partying. People came to me to offer me drinks but being the pro that I am I politely refused because who knows if the drink is drugged or not. I went to the bartender and got myself scotch.