Chapter 6

Misty

"Ugh! I'm so tired of these shoes."

Huffing, I sat in the stairway and took them off. As much as I love wearing heels, they didn't agree with hood concrete.

"That's better." I exhaled.

Getting up, I dusted off the back of my clothes and made my way up to my apartment. Tonight was so embarrassing and honestly I wish I hadn't went.

Taking the corner to go up the next flight of stairs, I was taken aback by the sound of arguing coming from Jamal's apartment.

"NIGGA I DON'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT WHAT YOU DO, SHE IS MY FUCKING CHILD!"

Checking the time, it was going on after two in the morning and to be hearing Destiny crying had me concerned.

"WHEN YOUR ASS START ACTING LIKE A FUCKING MOTHER THEN YOU CAN HAVE HER. TILL THEN GET THE FUCK OUT!"

"I'M NOT GOIN ANY FUCKING WHERE!"

After that, all I heard was glass shattering. Reluctantly, I knocked on the door. Aside from genuinely being concerned, I knew it things got worse he could end up being kicked out of the apartment.

Waiting a bit, I heard the locks become undone before Jay stood in front of me holding Destiny.

"Hey is everything ok?"

"Yeah ma. Sorry about the noise."

"You want me to take her till y'all settle whatever it is?"

"WHAT THE FUCK SHE DOING HERE?YOU BACK TO FUCKING THIS BITCH?"

"How about you mind your damn business. Or better yet, get the hell out of my apartment!"

"Your apartment? Nigga this is your mother's apartment!"

"I don't mind taking her you know?"

"I know but with her here that would make things worse, but thanks for checking on me."

"Its cool. Call me when she leaves."

"No problem."

Sighing, I didn't know what else to say. I honestly felt sorry for Jamal, more so for Destiny. She didn't deserve a mother like that.

Destiny was such a beautiful, blessed child and then there was Danielle, and unfortunately, she was Jamal's Karma.

"WHY THE FUCK YOU STILL STANDING THERE BITCH?"

"You better watch your mouth talkig to her." Jamal stepped to her.

Shaking my head, I complied with his request and went to my apartment. Unlocking the door, I walked in to a cool and peaceful area.

Hanging my coat, I under my hair and began to undress when there are a series of knocking on my door. Instantly getting it, Jamal handed me Destiny as I heard the commotion coming from his apartment.

"This girl is going crazy. Just keep an eye on her for me please."

"Jamal I'm calling the police. This is nonsense."

Not even bothering to say anything, he rushed back to his apartment as I closed my door. Getting my phone, I sat and gently rocked Destiny as I made the call.

"Nine one one, what's your emergency?"

"Hi good morning." I sighed.

Once I had given all the details, Destiny was asleep. Taking her into my room, I laid her on my bed before changing and getting into the shower.