Chapter 12

August

"So as soon as we get their, you have a meeting with the executives, a photoshoot and then an interview."

"OK."

"Then your show tomorrow."

"Mhmm."

Sitting in the back of my SUV, I was on my phone messageing Misty while my road manager told my schedule.

After me misinterpretating her picture, then not hearing from her, I felt bad so I called her. She explained her not replying was because she was cooking and from since then we just been speaking.

"You good woe? You seem far."

"I'm fine."

Locking my phone, I finally looked up at him. Standing there, T had this look on his face.

"What?"

"Thats shorty from New York?" He smirked.

"Maybe." I shrugged.

"Young Aug done got himself a girlfriend huh?" He sat next to me.

"She ain't my girl, we just talking that's all."

"But you're feeling her." He nudged me.

"I am. I'm not going to lie about that."

"Does she know?"

"Yea I told her but like I said, we just talking. I'm not trying to rush anything."

"You see this being a long term thing?"

"Honestly, I do. Something in me is saying that this could be something great and I honestly want to find out."

"Wow."

"I know right." I laughed. "Its been a while since I felt like this towards a female and you know I aint outchea tryna wife none of these girls but its just something about Misty."

"Well bro, you know what to do. Just take ya time and go along at ya own pace and y'all just keep that line of communication open."

"Yea man. Thanks."

"Don't mention it. I know you, I know ya got good intentions so I ain't worried and she seems OK from what I've seen."

"Well from talking to her, she better than OK."

"Well that's good."

Making myself comfortable, I put on my headphones and relaxed. Misty didn't know I was heading her way to handle business. I knew she was shooting with Chris so I had planned on surprising her.

"Yo T, let me ask you something?"

"Talk to me?"

"So I've been thinking, I'm tryna take Misty out next time I see her."

"Word?"

"Yea man, but Ion know what ta do exactly."

"Well look at that." He laughed. "Young Aug stuck on how to treat a lady." He joked.

"I mean I got some ideas." I laughed. "But I want it to be just right."

"Though you was gonna say perfect."

"Me being with her in the end is what would be perfect."

"Well damn. I see you play boy." He nudged me. "But talk to her girls. Let em know what you plan on doing and you want help."

"I didn't even think bout that. I'll call Sarah."

"The one who handles the club?"

"Yea her."