Chapter 7

Misty

"I still can't believe someone would do something like that."

Sitting on Sarah's couch, I just stared off into space while both our grandmothers spoke. At this point I was just numb to everything.

"I'm just happy no one was home at the time."

Sighing, I looked at my grandmother. All I could think about was how I was going to get her things back.

"Grandma I promisr you, I'll get everything back. If it means I have to get a second job, I will. I'm going to fix this."

"Its OK love." She held my face. "I just want you to stop worrying and enjoy this weekend y'all had planned. You need it now more than before."

The last thing I was thinking about was this trip. I just wanted to fix things.

"Yall are more than welcome to stay as long as y'all want to Misty."

"Thank you for your hospitality Mr. Combs."

"Its the least we can do."

"Alright so the car is loaded. Misty your ready babe?" Sarah smiled.

"No but I have no choice but to go."

"Well we will change that along the way."

Saying our goodbyes, we got into the car and left.

"Misty don't worry girl. Like my grandma and yours said, thank God no one was there to get hurt."

"I know but its the fact that all that my grandmother had worked for is destroyed. Y'all don't understand. She sacrificied so much for me."

"We do understand babe and we will fix it just relax this weekend please." Sarah pleaded. "Maggie turn on that radio please."

Exciting herself, Maggie turned it on and began searching for a station. Finding one, both her and Sarah were even more excited when they heard Aaliyah's Back and Forth come on. Taking out her phone, Maggie began to record.

"First of many girls trips! Ayyyeee!" She laughed. "Misty come on girl! Get into it!" She focused on me.

Trying hard not too, eventually I began to smile and join in.

"That's it sis!" Sarah yelled.

"Thanks you guys. I really appreciate it."

"Don't sweat with Misty. We're your girls and here to make you feel better regardless of what is thrown your way or any of our way." Maggie smiled.

Nodding my head, I sat back and exhaled. I was honestly drained physically from today so I decided to just take a nap for the next two and a half hours.

August

Sitting in this radio station, I was waiting and ready for this interview to be over with. Things been so busy with me lately that I couldn't get a chance to breath and relax. From interviews to inter state shows to studio time, at this point, all I wanted to do was sleep for some days.

"So we got the one and only August Alsina in studio with us. How's it going man?"

"So far so good man. Just outchea working hard doing what I gotta do."

"So tell us, what's new to come for August Alsina?"

"A lot is in store and to come. I've been in the studio putting in that work. Then I got a couple shows coming up here and there, just keep ya eyes and ears open man." I smirked.