Epilogue

August

Driving to her old place, I kept glancing at Misty. She sat quietly as to say she was thinking about her next move.

"Babe?"

"Mm." She turned to me.

"Talk to me. What's going on in that mind of yours." I held her hand.

"Nothing really. I'm trying not to think about anything drastic."

"Yeah?"

"Yes. I have to be rational about this. I have a lot to lose now if  I'm not careful."

"True and I'll be damned if a jealous bitch fucks shit up for you."

"This I know."

Lifting her hand, I kissed the back of it. Changing the conversation, it wasn't long before I pulled up at the apartment.

Getting out, she walked ahead of me and went up. Coming up to his apartment, she knocked.

"Ya sure he's home?"

"Yeah he is. His car is out front."

After she said that, the door opened.

"Hi Ms. Jean, is Jay home?"

"He just left to go to the store." She said as she let us in.

"Auntie Misty!" Destiny came running.

"Hi princess." Misty lifted her.

"Hi Destiny." I smiled.

"Hello." She mumbled making me laugh.

"I'll call him for you."

"Okay, thanks."

Sitting there, I observe how Misty interacted with Destiny. It was no doubt that she loved that little girl and it was the same with Destiny.

On our way over here, I did question why would Jamal's baby momma would want to fuck with Misty, and seeing their interaction in front of me, I sort of undetstood.

"Hey."

Closing the door, Jamal stood there.

"Wassup?"

"Dest, go inside babe. Auntie need to talk to daddy."

Saying okay, she got her toy and ran off. Once she was gone, Misty went in.

"Danielle, Jamal."

"You told her?" He looked at me.

"Of course he told me. The question is, why didn't you?"

"Because I needed to deal with her."

"But still Jamal. You told me not to worry about her after that shit in the store and now look."

"Wait, what shit?"

"She's been plotting on me for some long."

"Yo, I asked a question." I said annoyed.

"Before we got together, Danielle and I had a run in at the store around the corner. She threatened me and roughed up Destiny."

"What?" We heard behind us.

Putting our attention, Jamal's momma stood there.

"Jamal she put her hands on Destiny?"

"She snatched her away from me and it hurt her arm. She accused me of turning Destiny against her because she was scared to go to her and the she threatened me only to find out she hired Dwayne to attack me."