Chapter 28

Misty

"Aug?"

"Yeah ma?"

Looking at me from the bathroom, I smiled. The way he was just there when I called made my heart skip.

"What you need?" He smiled at me.

"When you're finish can you come rub my legs for me please?"

"Sure."

Being discharged a week now, I was once again staying at Sarah's home. Neither Aug nor anyone for that matter wanted us to be at the apartment. With the attack on me coming mere months after our home being vandalized, it was to traumatic for myself and my grandmother.

August being here through this was what been helping me get through. I hated how he was going back and forth because reality was, he had his work to do and I wasn't going to let him put it on pause for me.

"Where ya need ya mans' hands now?" He came out drying them.

"All over my body." I joked.

"Hey! I can do that." He laughed.

Getting a bottle of oil my aunt gave me, he came over and sat at the end of the bed and massaged my legs. With me having auditions in the next coming weeks, I was trying to get back into dancing.

"I told ya to take it easy Misty." He sighed.

"I know babe but I have to be ready for this and to get back to work."

"I love how you push yourself and everything but at the same time, you gotta know when to rest and I want you to rest please."

"If I give you a week would you leave it alone?"

"Gimme two weeks, and come Atlanta with me for them two weeks. You and maw."

"I'll talk to her."

"Okay. You spoke to Jamal about his boy?"

"No and he hasn't called me." I sighed.

That day I told Jay, when Aug came back, I told him. He was upset with me for not saying anything but he understood why.

"Baby?"

"Mmm." He worked on my other leg.

"Thank you for everything. I don't know what more I can say other than thank you."

"Ya welcome baybeh and I'm not going to lie to you, its hard."

"My friendship with Jay?"

"Yeah." He looked at me. "I know ain't shit going to happen between y'all but."

"Its the fact that he's my ex."

"Yeah."

"Just trust me please. Jay and I are the way we are because he is the only person who has been there for me, despite how our relationship ended."

"I know ma and I do trust you."

"Thank you. At this point I'm at in my life, you have my heart and I know that it's you I want."

"Okay." He nodded.

"I'm serious Aug. I don't want anyone. I definitely don't want anyone else kissing on your tattoos." I joked.

"You lame for that." He laughed.

"I'm your lame. Ouuu, yes right there." I let out a moan.

I've always loved when he gave me messages. The way he applied pressure where and when needed all while using the most gentle touch was perfect.

"Babe."

"Sorry." I laughed.

"Exactly. All that damn moaning."

"I can't help it. Your hands are magic."

"I know baybeh. Amongst other things."

Feeling his lips on my thigh, I flinched as I was caught off guard. Hearing him laugh, I shook my head and allowed him to continue.

"May I?"

"Anytime you want it you can have it."

"Hmm?" He smirked.

Pushing my legs back, he laid on his belly with his face buried between my legs. The way his tongue brushed up my clit was one of the best feelings ever. The way he knew exactly what to do to get me off was amazing.

"Shit, shit, shit!" I exclaimed.

Feeling the pressure build up in me as he sucked and licked me, eventually I couldn't hold back. Allowing the orgasm to take over, once he was finished as well as I, I laid there trying to catch my breath, with a fulfilled smiled on my face.

"I've been waiting to be able to do that a minute now." He spoke as he got up.

"I miss you being in me." I replied with low eyes.

"You look like you're ready to sleep." He chuckled.

"A nap would be perfect once you're laying with me."

"Let me go clean up then."

Placing a subtle kiss on my forehead, I adjusted myself as I waited on him to come back. Being the considerate boyfriend he was, he came back with a dampened wash cloth and cleaned me off. Once he was finished, he came back and got in beside me.

"I love you Aug. I really do."

"I love you sweet face. Now get some sleep." He kissed me.

~•~

"Any plans for Thanksgiving?" He asked as we walked.

"Yes. We'll be with auntie Jenny."

"In NOLA?" He glanced at me.

"Mhmm." I began to smiled.

"When were you going to tell me this?"

"Umm, I don't know. Probably when I get there." I shrugged.

"You ain't shit."

Grabbing me, I squealed out as he began to tickle me. Laughing so hard, I tears came out of my eyes. Picking me up, he held me bridal style.

"I take it you're practicing?"

"I am. But I might just have you over my shoulder, that way I can rub on this perfect ass of yours."

"You mean perfectly non existent ass."

"Nah, you got ass." He placed me down. "It may not be a whole lot of it, but you got it and it's firm and perfect."

"Well Thank you. You have a cute ass."

"Thanks." He laughed.

Holding hands, we continued walk. We were going anywhere in particular but the night overall was a beautiful one.

"You're a really strong person you know." He spoke.

"I don't think so."

"But you are. The shit you've been through, a lot of people would have given up on life."

"Yeah well, the people around me won't allow me to do that so they give me my strength."

"As we should." He nodded. "But in genera. Even before we came into the picture, you held your ground."

"For my grandmothers' sake. I owe her everything." I exhaled. "If she wasn't there to take me in, God alone knows where I would be right now. She gave me a chance at life and I just want to show her that all her work and effort wasn't wasted."

"I'm sure she knows."

Kissing me on my temple, I then became tired. Deciding to head back to the car, we did so. Once we had left, the ride was quiet with the music playing lowly. Letting my body relax as he drove, I just stared out the window, thanking God for everything.

Aug was right when he said I've been through a lot. Some of which I wish didn't happen at all but at this point, I had to stop beating myself up and rise up from everything. I needed to start believing in myself more and giving myself more credit. I needed to start loving me entirely and not partially anymore.