Chapter 24

Misty

"Are you sure you're going to be fine without me?"

"Yes child." She answered annoyed.

"I'm just making sure." I sighed as I packed my bag.

Tomorrow is going to be Aug's birthday and with me having a week off, not only did he decide to go somewhere for his birthday, we were also going to be there for mines.

"No need to make sure love. You just got and enjoy your birthday."

"Okay."

"I know you're nervous but don't be."

"I'm trying not too but what if he-"

"If you're not ready he would understand that but you need to tell him. Y'all have been together for five months, though nothing is wrong with waiting, you have to be open."

"I know and I'll tell him. I just understand why its so hard for me to just tell him."

"Have y'all fooled around though?"

"Grandma!" I shook my head.

As close as I was to her, getting these questions still made me uneasy.

"Hey, we're both grown here."

"Fine, we have."

"Ouuu. You been letting him prime you up huh?" She smirked and nudged me.

"Grandma!" I exclaimed and laughed.

"Well it seems that way." She shrugged. "I'm not going to ask what but I just wanted to know if you did."

"I know but it's just so weird talking to you about this."

"Hey its better to talk to me than your friends sometimes."

"True but Maggie and Sarah don't know we've fooled around. I don't tell them everything. You know I'm a private person."

"That I know but I'm always here to talk with you. This old age comes with some wisdom."

"You know very well its more than some." I laughed.

"As long as you know." She laughed. "So what time is you man coming to get you?" She smirked.

"All he said was a car was coming to get me and when I reach at the airport go to the information desk and ask for a Marcus." I shrugged.

"Damn that's some kinda secret trip."

"Same thing I said."

"Just call me when you get settled."

"I will and I expect you and Sarah's grandmother to behave on y'all trip. Remember you're still on medication."

"I'm not going Atlantic City to drink but I do plan on coming back with money so we can get that house you been dreaming about."

"How do you know about that?"

"I saw the folder you left on the table in the living room."

"Oh."

"Those are some nice houses."

"Yeah they are and most are foreclosed so the prices are a steal."

"Well no worries, grandma gonna put in that work." She laughed.

"Good. Oh and one tip with the slot machines."

"What's that?"

"Pay close attention to the ones that are in use the most then around ten at night, use it."