Chapter 21

Misty

"You got it grandma?"

"Yes sweetheart." She smiled.

Stretching for the bowl on the shelf, I just watched as she took her time. We were two weeks into her recovery and she was doing great.

Our recent doctor's visit showed that she was healing perfectly and her overall health was good.

"You want some as well Misty?"

"Yes thanks."

Sitting on the couch, I folded some laundry that I had just finished. I still wasn't working but I was employed again.

After meeting with my now agent to get a better understanding of what was being offered, I signed a one year contract. August had helped me out legally by offering his lawyer to check it over. Once I had gotten the okay, I signed it.

"When does you're contract come into effect?"

Putting my attention on my grandma, she took her time coming towards me with our bowls of soup.

"Not for another month and half actually." I took mines. "Thank you."

"You're welcome love."

"That's a lot of time, how you managed that?" She took her time sitting.

"I told them that you were recovering from surgery and they understood." I shrugged. "My agent said that it would give him enough time to put my name out there and get some portfolios for me."

"So my grandbaby is what exactly?"

"Well they focus on dance and photography so sometimes I would be modeling and sometimes dancing."

"I hope it's nothing provactive."

"It isn't. They assured me that."

"And what about dance school?"

"What about dance school?" I looked at her.

"I think you should reapply. Give it one last try love."

"I'll think about it, okay?" I sighed.

"I'm holding you to that."

"I'm sure you are." I mumbled.

Continuing eating and folding, my phone began to ring. I thought it was August seeing that he usually calls around this time to check on us but instead it was Sarah.

"Hi hi."

"Hey girl, quick question."

"Mhmm."

"Would you be able to get away for a minute and come down to the center."

"Umm, I should be able to. Is everything alright?"

"Everything is fine. I just want to run something by you."

"Okay, well yeah. Give me about an hour or so."

"No problem."

Ending the call, I hummed. Shrugging it off, I finished off my soup and the laundry.

"Grandma?"

"Yes?" She answered looking at the television.

"You up for a little out and about?"

Giving me her full attention, she smiled.

"Finally." She answered.

"What's that suppose to mean?" I laughed.