Crossing Paths

The sun set when Taka told Kion off and walked away, Taka didn't know what got into him, the fact that his nephew asked him to teach Cobra Kai was just ridiculous, besides...it was all apart of the past now.

It was night time, and Taka was just taking an evening stroll around the Pride Lands, he does walks like these every single night, it makes him feel...peace. But for some reason, that question just comes back to Takas mind no matter how much he tries to deny it.

The thing Taka hates the most about that question is that it makes him remind stuff about the past, Taka and Simba faced each other while Taka was using Cobra Kai and Simba was using his style of martial arts which was Mufasa Style Karate, it was named after Takas brother and it emerged victorious over Cobra Kai.

Taka just sighed, all of this was just giving him a headache, he decided he's going to go back to his place and sleep and hopefully forget that question.

But before he could turn around and walk back, Taka felt a presence and looked up and it was the last animal he wanted to see.

Simba

It turns out, Taka and Simba were walking towards each other and Taka looked up to see Simbas surprised, confused face on.

"Oh...Taka? Is that you?" Simba asked, his voice was calm but Taka could tell he was surprised to see him.

Taka silently groaned in annoyance but answered.

"Yes" Taka said bluntly.

"Wow..." Simba muttered as he studied his uncles appearance.

"You look...totally different, how've you been?" Simba asked as he decided to walk a bit closer to him.

"Great...just great." Taka muttered but it was loud enough to hear.

"Man, how long has it been, I still can't believe all those years have passed and we've...got into a war, huh?" Simba said, trying to make a little joke.

"Yeah, well you're the one who embarrassed me." Taka snickered.

"Well...she didn't like you anyways so..." Simba muttered but Taka heard and glared at him which made Simba stop talking.

"Oh yeah, I remember I kicked your butt at that Pride Lands tournament a few years ago! It was a close match but I did flat palmed your face." Simba laughed.

"Yeah, a non-fair punch." Taka growled.

"What about that time you tried to make my legs numb?" Simba talked as he frowned.

"Yeah, I got a warning but you won."

There was a moment of silence between the two. Taka just wanted to walk away and close himself off be left alone. He just wanted to live his life, with a mate or not, he just wants to live and move on. But of course, he has to go through this.

"Well, what brings you out here?" Simba asked, breaking the silence.

"Taking an evening stroll." Taka replied, more harshly.

"Really? Anything happen today?" Simba asked, trying to start a converstion.

"If your son visiting counts as something happening then so be it." Taka said sarcastically and that seem to bring Simbas attention.

"You saw Kion?" Simba asked, surprised but also...sadness?

"Yeah, ya know I gotta wonder, why would he be walkin' alone all the time?" Taka asked in a more sarcastic tone. Taka knows all about Simba and his family and he knew Kion was usually ignored.

Simba just looked a bit sad, for some reason, every time his son was mentioned, he would feel like the worst parent in the world. But then his thoughts were cut off when Taka spoke. Simba knew he ignored Kion a lot but he was so busy with training, being the king and being there for his...daughters...but what about his son? Doesn't he deserve some of that attention too?

"I don't get why such a great king would abandon one of their cubs." Taka said, and that seemed to anger Simba a bit more.

"Yeah? What about your son and your mate, huh? How's he doing these days?" Simba growled and Taka widened his eyes...no...he couldn't believe Simba just brought HIM up. Rage started to boil inside Taka. Taka just growled at each other. Both adult lions just growled at each other, even though they haven't seen or interacted with each other that much, they still have angers towards one another.

There was another moment of silence before Simba took a deep breath and looked at Taka.

"Look, Taka...I don't blame you for what happened back in the past, I know it wasn't really you it was Cobra Kai, we're all better off without it." Simba spoke and Taka just looked at him, more like glared but anger boiled a little bit when he brought up Cobra Kai. Taka felt like he had no right to talk about Cobra Kai like that.

"Anyways, I gotta go, see ya later." Simba said as he walked pass Taka and Taka just stood there looking at Simbas back as he walked away.

Next Morning

Kion was wearing his orange vest hoodie as he walked along the Pride Lands, he was still upset about yesterdays interaction with his grandfather.

Why was it so difficult to teach him Cobra Kai? He learned it, so why can't he? It all just doesn't make sense. Even Taka tends to ignore him and even seem to hate him at most. His parents ignored him. His sisters ignored him. His grandfather ignored him. Who does he have?

Kion was just staring at the ground the entire time, trying hard not to cry, but he doesn't want anyone else seeing.

That was when he saw a shadow on the grass and stopped, he looked up and was surprised to see Taka standing there in front of him, having a look of determination.

"You sure you wanna go down this path? Cause as soon as I start teaching you, there's going back." Taka said, speaking like a leader.

Kion was surprised and confused but then he remembered his question yesterday.

"Are you gonna be my martial arts teacher?" Kion asked, getting excited to learn Cobra Kai.

"No," Taka said flatly, a shock look appeared on Kions face but before he could respond, Taka spoke up again.

"I'm gonna be your sensei."