Taka's Past

Piles of rocks were laying in front of Kion who was breathing quickly to regain his breath. He did just what his Senpai asked and to be honest, Taka was looking at him with quite a surprised look. He thought it would take hours for this cub to pull something like that off, but no, he seems to be a prodigy at this.

"I gotta' say, I'm impressed." Taka praised a little which made Kion side glance and smile weakly at him and returned to catching his breath.

Taka smiled and up to Kion, handing him a wooded bowl of water which Kion gladly took and drank.

"With energy and strength like that, that'll get you through the tournament."

After Kion drank half-way through the bowl he chuckled.

"Heh, thanks." Kion stood up to face his senpai.

"If you win the tournament, it'll definitely help out with the situation you have with your family." Taka said, with a bit of hostility which made Kion confused a little bit.

"Hey." Taka looked at him, giving him his attention.

"I know you have some tensions between Simba, did something between you two or...?" Kion trailed off.

Taka frowned a little at his question but then thought about it and sighed.

"Follow me." Taka walked off with Kion walking behind him.

Both lions walked up a hill to face Pride Rock, much to Kions frown.

"It was years ago, too long I couldn't keep count. I was just as young as you were.  A famous band of animals came into the lands and me and my friends were jumping all over the place with the rest of the animals." Kion giggled at that, he could imagine his senpai screaming out happily to a concert.

"That's when I saw her for the first time." 

Kion got confused.

"Saw who?" He asked

"Sarabi."

Kion was surprised to hear his grandmothers name from him.

"We were the best of friends. I hung out with her all of the time and tried to make some moves for her to give a chance." Kion smiled at him, it seemed like everything was going for him back then.

But that smile fell when he saw his Senpai frown.

"Then, later on we got into a fight. I thought we would work things out eventually, but then my brother Mufasa stepped in." Which made Kion frown in confusion.

"Next thing I knew, he and Sarabi have been hanging out with each other. I saw two of them flirting with each other once." 

"What did you do?" Kion asked, eager to know what happened next.

"I walked over and tried to have a conversation with Sarabi. But my brother kept butting in. I told him to get lost, that this was between me and her. Eventually, it physical and I knocked him down and out of nowhere he sucker punches me."

"What a jerk." Kion hissed.

"And after that, I strike him down and I figured that was that. After that, I haven't seen Sarabi since she avoided me. But Mufasa wouldn't leave it alone. One night, while I was asleep. He pours a bowl of cold water on top of my head and I chased him down, trying to put an end to that thing at night."

Taka kept explaining while Kion mentally sighed.

"But it turns out, he's got a karate master of his own. Out of nowhere, he jumps me and my friends. Pretty sure one of them got brain damage because of fight."

"Oh jeez." Kion whispered.

"Years have passed and now Sarabi and Mufasa had a cub, Simba. Mufasa eventually taught Simba his way of karate."

Kions eyebrows were a bit raised.

"Then came the tournament. It was a tie, down two to two and then...I lost." Taka sighed which also made Kion look at him with a worried expression.

"I didn't just lose a trophy...I lost Sarabi back then and that day." Taka said sadly.

"I'm sorry about that." Kion apologized.

"You didn't do anything. I feel like, if maybe I tried another way, Sarabi might've given me another chance." Taka said but then sighed.

"Well, I can't just the past but we can change our future. So we'll have to deal with that." Taka said and got a nod from Kion.

"Training is over for today, I'm pretty sure you have to head back there." Taka pointed at Pride Rock which made Kion sigh and began walking.

As Kion was walking back to Pride Rock, he has been thinking about that story more and more. He always looked up to his grandfather as a hero but now, he doesn't really know what to think, does he hate him or still love him? But also, his grandmother, Sarabi. Kion could tell Taka loved her and he had a chance but it blew because of a fight?

Kion wondered if Mufasa was to blame or something else. But again, Kion didn't hear the other side of the story, so there was no reason to hate his grandfather yet, but Kion just didn't feel right to love him that much so, he decided to remain neutral until the full truth comes out.

But also, he was thinking  about this whole situation about his so called family. He was thinking if he should give his sisters another chance or his parents. His parents are gonna have a bigger challenge if he does give them another chance because all of those years that he has gone through weren't going to be easy to fix, it's gonna take pain to heal pain.

But right now, Kion shouldn't focus on stuff like that, he needs to focus on the things in front of him, and there only two. One is keeping his relationship with Luna strong and the second is to win the tournament and boost Cobra Kai into the best martial arts fighting style. 

But there's are third thing to and that's to make sure his family knows the pain they put him through and he hopes they will feel regret. There's nothing more that Kion wants but to see his so called family to beg on their knees and ask for forgiveness.

But right now, Kion is focusing on those two important things.

Mostly making Cobra Kai superior