Reckoning

After spending some time with Luna, it was getting dark and Kion decided to walk back to his "home". Kion decided to think of something new he could come up with that can help him win the tournament that was coming up. There are going to be some animals that are stronger than him and he needs to find a way that he can win. 

Kion then looked to his side and something caught his eye, he walked up and stood on the edge of a tall rock and gazed down. His eyes sparkling from the sight that he saw. The light of the Pride Lands shown and the beautiful mountains and trees in the distance and the light blue night sky with a bright white moon shining from above made the scene so amazing. Kion smiled at the sight and he began to think of how far he came.

He started of as a weak soft cub, and after he met his senpai, Kion became confident and strong as well. It's crazy how something or someone can change your life in a span of less than a week. That was when Kion experienced something that he has never experience before. Happiness.

"Oh! So this is where you were."

Kion looked back to see Karter, standing there with a smile on his.

"You came to watch the sight too?"

Kion seemed surprise by his question and looked back.

"It's actually my first time seeing the Pride Lands like this." Kion said and Karter giggled.

"It's amazing, right? I come here every night, just to see this." Karter said and sat next to Kion.

"Yeah." Kion whispered back.

There was a silence between them before Karter spoke up.

"Cobra Kai has changed me in so many ways."

Kion glanced at him slightly.

"I always used to get bullied...Kyron and his friends would. But...I've never felt so betrayed in life." Karter said and Kion looked at him with a confused look.

"I had a friend...she was...well what can I say, she was amazing." Karter said but Kion could notice a light blush on his face.

"She was awesome...she was funny, beautiful, smart, nice," Karter giggled and said, "she was older than me too."

Kion giggled at that but decided to listen more.

"I didn't have any friends, it was a usual day when Kyron and his friends bully me and it was then when I just sat there until they left, and it was until she came up to me that day and noticed I was alone. We had fun and after that day, we began to hang out more often. We had fun."

Kion smiled.

"Or...so, I thought we did."

Kions smile turned into a sad frown, confused on what that sentence meant.

"We had this place where we would usually meet up. That place was here." Karter said, Kion then turned his head to the sight of the Pride Lands.

"I came here one day and she didn't come to visit me. I looked around and I saw Kyron there...along with her. They were giggling...laughing, like...they were joking. It was then when I heard what they were laughing." 

Karter then had a sad look on his face when he looked at the ground, Kion noticed this and spoke up.

"Look man, I probably shouldn't know about your personal life like this, you shouldn't really have to talk about-"

"No."

Kion was interrupted by Karter, it sounded like he was desperate to talk.

"Kion, because of you, I was able to join Cobra Kai, and it changed my life for the better, right now, you and Kody are the only ones who I trust with this type of stuff." Karter then looked at Kion with a warm smile.

Kion didn't say anything but decided to listen.

"I hid in a bush, the only bush that was in plain sight. I listened closely and I heard her voice. 'In all honesty, you guys were kinda getting boring so Karter's just a replacement for my amusement, like come on? I would never truly hang out with him. The only reason why I hung out with him is because my mom asked me to be friends with him and now it's like he follows me everywhere.' And then they laughed." Karter explained.

Kions eyebrows were raised a little bit but then softened.

"After that day, she and her family have moved to somewhere else...I didn't even get to say goodbye to her. I thought she was my friend but...it seems like even the greatest seem to wear masks for others." Karter said and Kion softened his look as he turned his head to the sight of the Pride Lands.

"You're not the only one who's been betrayed."

Karter glanced at Kion with a soft look.

"I thought I had a family, but I don't. But...I do have animals who make me happy." Kion said as he looked at Karter.

"You, Kody, Senpai and Luna are the most important to me. Karter, you're not alone anymore. You have friends, friends who will care about you and you have a master who cares about us more than anything." Kion said and Karter began to form a smile on his face.

"You and Kody are best friends, he'll never betray you like that. I know so. Plus, the two of you began to be more important to me than I thought." Kion said and Karter smiled and nodded.

"Thanks dude, I really needed that. Ever since I've joined Cobra Kai, I felt...happy. Thanks to you, Kody and Senpai too." Kion smiled at his sentence but Karter spoke again.

"But...some nights, I think to myself, if I ever meet her again or someone like her. I'll show them what they've done to me and I'll show them what I've missed. No mercy." Karter said and Kion smiled.

"At this point, you and Kody have become too important to me for me to ignore...I can't help it. But you'll show them...we'll show everyone." Kion said as he lightly hit his fisted paw on Karters chest.

"Isn't that right...brother?"

Karter smiled.