A Challenge

Kion's paw caught Luna's punching towards him.

"You seem like you're getting tired." Kion smirked at Luna. Luna was panting a lot and the punch that she tried to him with seemed a lot weaker.

"No...I'm...just...getting...started." Luna said between breaths. Kion giggled at her and calmly placed her paw back down.

"We've been training for about an hour, so we'll take a break for now." Kion said with a grin and Luna smiled at him and then nuzzled him which Kion happily returned.

"So? What do you wanna do now?" Luna asked him.

Kion thought for a moment.

"Well...I don't really know unless you have some other ideas. Or not, we can head upstairs and see what's going on there right now." Kion shrugged which earned a smirk from Luna who walked up close to him to his surprise.

"Really? I think you'd just wanna spend alone time with me, only." Luna said and Kion hated to admit it, but she was right. He only wans to be with Luna and not hang out with anyone upstairs right now.

"Ahhh! Who do I see here?"

Kion and Luna looked behind and Kion mentally cursed in his mind when he saw Rex there, along with two other lions behind him who were evilly smirking at them.

"Rex." Kion sighed, he really wasn't in the mood to deal with him today.

Luna slowly got closer to Kion so that their furs were touching.

"Jeez, man! You've really gotten uglier since the last time I saw you." Rex said as his two friends chuckled, much to Kions annoyance.

Luna then frowned, she didn't like anyone who insulted her boyfriend like that.

Rex looked over at Luna and growled in a "attractive" way.

"Look at you...pretty face and a cute rear? I gotta say, I think I hit myself a goldmine." Rex said.

Kion began to growl. He did NOT like anyone hitting on his girlfriend, especially, if it was someone like Rex.

Rex walked closer up to Luna but Kion stepped in front.

"Sorry Rex, but I think it's best if you leave." Kion said nicely. He did not like the guy but he wasn't gonna try to start a fight. 

Rex just glared at him and growled.

"Listen here, I'm not going anywhere. She's gonna be my sugar lips girl" Rex said as he licked her lips and Luna smirked at him.

"Sorry tiger, but these sugar lips already got it's flavor." Luna said as she walked along and nuzzled Kion.

Kion was surprised by her words but smirked back at Rex who was looking at the couple in shock.

"Hold on! You two are dating!?" Rex yelled out in disbelief and the couple smirked at him and Luna sunk herself into Kion's fur.

"Yup. And trust me, I don't know...yet," Luna whispered out that part but smirked back at Rex, "but I bet he developed much more than you'll ever will in life, and he's just a teenage cub." Luna said, making all of the boys blush. Even Kion.

Rex was shocked but then turned furious and began walking towards Luna. Kion went from blushing to glaring at him.

"I said it once and I'll say it again, you can come at me all you want but leave her out of this." Kion said, placing one paw over her body and onto the ground, securing her from Rex. Luna was a bit shocked by the position but didn't complain and warmly smiled at her boyfriend.

"Rex?"

Everyone turned around to see a shadow walking down to the cave and soon to be revealed as Sora. When Sora walked down to the cave, he was confused by everyone's positions, mostly and Kion and Luna, it seemed like he was protecting Luna from something or someone.

There was a moment of silence before Kion broke it.

"What's up, Rex?" He asked

"Um...Rex, your father and mother are looking for you." Sora said, and Rex slightly growled at Sora and then back at Kion who was glaring at Rex.

Sora can sense some tensions and asked:

"What happened here?"

"Nothing! Nothing happened!" Rex was quick to reply but Kion and Luna didn't intend on speaking out the truth, yet at least.

Sora was even more confused but ignored it, shrugged and walked away.

Before Rex and his friends walked out, Rex glared once more at Kion who was smirking at him.

Rex and his friends then left the room and Luna looked up at Kion who still had her locked in his body and Kion was looking down at Luna. He then began to blush at the position they were in and Luna couldn't begin to describe how cute he looks when he blushes.

"U-Uh...Luna? I-I-I...y-you see, I-I um..." God, even his stuttering was adorable.

Luna couldn't help herself but lock her lips with his which caught Kion off-guard but he didn't complain and kissed back. The kiss lasted for about a minute before they pulled apart. Luna snuggled more into her boyfriends fur with a smile.

"I gotta say, this is the first time I've ever seen you really protective of me." Luna blushed but that made Kion blush even more.

"Hey, it's a boyfriends job to protect his girlfriend, right?" Kion asked as he rested his head on top of hers which made Luna giggle.

"Right." Luna whispered out and both cubs snuggled into each others fur and were embracing each others warmth and comfort. 

They were snuggling for about a few minutes which felt like years. An idea came to Luna's mind.

"Hey, strike first, strike hard, no mercy. Right? I think you can get payback on Rex for everything he did to you in the past and what he tried to do just now?" Luna asked.

"Oh calm on, can't we just stay like this for the whole night?" Kion complained like a little kid who was asking to stay up late at night playing games.

Luna separated the snuggle and smiled at him.

"Just a thought. But come one, tell me this doesn't sound like a good idea to you?" Luna said and Kion looked at her and he has to admit. When he was younger, he promised himself to get payback on Rex.

"Alright, I'll do it." Kion said which made Luna smile.

"But, I'm not gonna try to start, I don't think right now or any rest of today will be a good time. Everyone's trying to enjoy themselves and I don't wanna ruin it." Kion said and Luna was a bit disappointed but agreed with him.

"Alright, let's go upstairs and join the others."

Kion nodded and both cubs walked upstairs to the other lions.