Teamwork makes the Dream work

"So, who is this guy!?" Kovu asked out loud.

"Well, apparently, he and this guy right here are having some business issues and the crazy flying dude wants to kill this guy that were helping out right now." Kion explained.

"Seriously!?" Kovu asked out loud and looked back to see Tom flying back towards them, rage in his eyes which made Kovu growl in frustration. 

"I have an idea!" Kovu then thought of something and Kion looked at him.

"Where we're running right now, there's a volcano, we can lead him in and trap him in there if we do this right." Kovu explained.

"Sounds good, so what do we do?" Kion asked.

"He's right on our tail. One of has to stall him and lead him to the volcano." Kovu said.

"Here! You take Darko and lead him to the volcano, I'll hold him back." Kion said as he threw Darko over to Kovu.

"You sure? That guy seems strong." Kovu asked.

"I'm fine on my own!" Darko yelled as he got off of Kovu and began running with them.

"You two fight him off and lead him to the volcano since he's after me!" Darko said and ran ahead of them.

Both Kion and Kovu turned to each other nodded their heads, stopped dead in their tracks and faced Tom who was flying towards them.

"DARKO!!!" Tom screamed at the top of his lungs.

"Now! Go for it!" Kovu yelled as he placed his front paws together and Kion jumped on it and Kovu boosted him up, boosting Kion towards Tom.

The speed Tom was going crashed into Kion very quickly.

"AGH!" Tom yelled as Kion was blocking his vision and without knowing, Tom began flying high above the clouds.

"Oh jeez." Kovu gritted his teeth as he saw the cub flying above the clouds.

Kion was then on Toms back, messing up his turning directions.

"GET OFF!" Tom roared but Kion wasn't. He was still hanging on.

"Dude, you made an awesome machine and you're doing this with it!?" Kion asked. Kion needed plan to take down Toms wings. Of course, the plan backfired and Kion can't lead Tom towards the volcano. Problem was, he didn't have enough time. But then, Kion saw tall tower of rocks, that's when the idea hit him. Since he and Tom were still flying, Kion quickly took Toms right wing and quickly guided the flying tigers towards the pill of rocks.

"Wait! What're you doing!?"

Kovu, for some reason, began to worry a little bit but then it all vanished when he saw Kion and the tiger fly down and that brought a smile to Kovus face but it was dropped down to when he saw both of them flying towards the tower of rocks which made him gasp.

"NO!" Tom screamed as he used his left wing to cover himself but at the cost of that, Toms right wing was destroyed and now, the steering of his flying machine was messed up.

"N-No! Now I can't steer!" Tom cried out.

"Yeah, but you're still airborne, now how does that work exactly?" Kion asked in confusion but then saw the wooden box that was on Toms back.

"Oh, Toms! This is your machine right here, huh?" Kion asked as he broke through the wood with his paw much to Toms horror.

"YOU IDIOT! You've doomed us both!" Tom yelled and both animals began falling down but Kion began laughing.

"Hahahaha! You've so not been paying attention." Kion said and quickly, Kion flipped over and let his back feet grip onto the rocky tower, making him slide down slowly while Kion was holding onto Tom.

Kovu quickly ran over to Kion who was standing on the ground fine and Tom who was laying on the ground, weak and in shock.

"Dude, you are absolutely crazy." Kovu laughed and Kion laughed with him.

"Well, what's more important is that we stopped him from killing Darko." Kion said and both Kovu and Kion heard footsteps behind them and turned around to see Darko walking up to them.

"I saw what happened from the distance and I gotta say, I was surprised. Good job on stopping him." Darko said with a smile and then glared at Tom who seemed shaken up from his look.

"Thanks for the boost though. I wouldn't have been able to stop him without your help." Kion said to Kovu with a smile. For some reason, that surprised Kovu a little bit. He wasn't really praised for anything at all. Considering how his father was and how his mom was, he didn't get a lot of praise.

"Uh...t-thanks I guess." Kovu said with a light smile.

"I have to say Kion, you weren't lying. All of that training does go to good use." Darko said.

"Training?" Kovu asked as he turned from Darko to Kion.

"Oh. Right now, I'm training under a dojo with my senpai and some other friends. His martial arts style really kicked in during this fight." Kion said.

"Oh, you're learning karate? What's the name of it?" Kovu asked.

"Oh, it's called Cobra Kai."

Those two words made Kovu widen his eyes in shock.

"W-Wait...did you just say, Cobra Kai?" Kovu asked and Kion was confused on his reaction.

"Yeah? Why, you know something about it?" Kion asked.

"U-Uh, I wanna know. W-Who's your teacher?" Kovu asked, he was praying to the kings above that this cub wasn't gonna say the name Kovu didn't want to hear. Kion on the other hand was confused, that reaction was the last reaction Kion expected from a cub he didn't know.

"My Senpai's name is Taka, why?" Kion asked.

Kovu couldn't believe, he couldn't feel anything in his body any more.

"U-Uh...I-I have to go!" Kovu said out loud and ran off.

"What? Wait, I didn't even get your name!" Kion called out but Kovu was far gone already. That reaction confused both Darko and Kion.

"What's his deal?" Kion asked and Darko just shurgged.

"Well, in any case, let's take him and turn him in. It's time he pays for his crimes." Darko said.

"Y-Yeah, alright." Kion stuttered and both Darko Kion picked him up from the ground and began heading back to the Pride Lands.

But that cub was on Kions mind all the way there.