20| I Dug My Key Into The Side of His Pretty Little Suped Up X-Wheel Drive

^Casper is doing the futuristic version of this for reference^

"TWO...ONE...AND THEY'RE OFF!" 

The announcer came through the speakers and my baby is first out the gates on the muddy track as the three of us watch from a roped-off VIP invitation-only section high enough to see the entire track while surrounded by several flatscreen televisions and holographic tables to show the racers. 

I can barely watch when he makes the first jump as I turn my head and hide in the crook of Galen's arm instead. Micah leans over the railing and casually watches their brother without the slightest concern while I'm over here panicking internally. 

Galen chuckles under his breath, kissing the top of my head while rubbing soothing circles into my back, telling me without speaking that Casper would be fine. For some reason, my alpha refuses to let go of me and I don't mind considering how mad he was when I talked back to him. 

"He's done this about a hundred times my love, he'll be just- oh shit," Micah gasps as they pull a hand to their mouth and I turn around just as Casper lands on the hill wrong and finds himself on one wheel for a few seconds. 

Thankfully he fixes himself without losing his second place in this race and goes on like nothing happened. My stomach is doing all sorts of flips as I stressfully bite my nails and Galen gives me another slight squeeze to stop it. 

"Like I was saying, it's one of the very few things he's good at...what? It's true?" Micah talks back once Galen gives them a look that I can't see from down here, but I can imagine it's along the lines of 'don't be so hard on him even though I know you're not totally serious'.

Micah sighs as they ignore Galen and go back to watching the race, quietly pondering for a few seconds and letting the revving of the hovercycles fill our silence. 

"I give him credit where credit is due alright? I didn't think he would make it this far in treatment either, but I have to admit I am proud of him for really getting his shit together," Micah says and I'm a little confused about what my proud arrogant Casper could possibly be getting treatment for. 

"Treatment for what?" I ask the question and Micah gently toys with their thumbnail as if they thought I already knew the full scope and all of the details. Unfortunately, I still don't know everything there is to know about all three of them, but shit, I'm trying my best.