2| Know Your Place

"Can't you guys just pretend I don't exist,"

Embarrassed by the amount of attention the triplets are giving me in front of people. Something has to be wrong with these guys if they're not ashamed of talking to me like everyone else is.

"Uh yeah that would be a negative, Mate," Casper instantly replies, making sure to emphasize the 'mate' as if I didn't already know. 

"That's impossible now that we know who you are Tora. You see, your life and our lives will never be the same after last night," Micah points out and just hearing my name roll off his tongue gives me warm and fuzzy feelings which I do my best to ignore. 

"Don't you guys just want to have a normal exit year? You really don't have to worry about me. I've been fine on my own for this long without you," I groan, the pain in my chest rising once more and I just want to go to the nurse to get some pain medication before collapsing in my room. 

"Well the near-death experience proves otherwise," Casper's pure sarcasm comes back to me and if I could actually move, I would probably swat him away.

 I don't care if the three of them are the hottest boys on the island that everyone in the entire god damn school has been fantasizing about being mated too since they were little. Since they're triplets, everyone assumed they would have three chances of being mated to one. But now everyone is going to assume I selfishly took them all for myself when I never wanted a mate to begin with.

I have no control over this unfortunate arrangement, but I can already see the name whore being thrown around anytime I'm mentioned. 

Not to mention that being mated to this diabolic trio would mean being thrown into an uncomfortable spotlight for the rest of my life. 

"I deserved it. I'm an omega after all this is what happens to the weakest link," I sigh and it's very obvious by Casper and Micah's glares that maybe that wasn't the right thing to say.

"You don't deserve to be treated like shit just because you're an Omega, Tora. No one does," Micah argues and Casper just scoffs. 

"I knew we should have thrown them all off that cliff when we had the chance," Casper grumbles while cracking his knuckles.

Galen remains a silent entity that sits on one of their trunks and just looks off in the distance as if he's scanning the area, looking at one particular section. Curious as to what he could possibly be staring at, I turn my head towards the back of the bench where there's a big enough slit in the boards for me to see.

 It doesn't take long for me to find Matteo standing off to the side with his friends while gazing in our direction every couple of seconds. 

Although I feel nothing for Matteo, I can't help but wonder what he's possibly thinking as I'm surrounded by the Crimson Trio. Is he jealous?