26| Secrets & Lies

"And you said you didn't want us to look broken," 

"I'm sorry, it was a reflex. You hurt Tora," 

"Reflex my ass! Thanks to you I feel like my brain has been throttled through the back of my skull," 

"Casper, your brain was gone long before I hit you," 

"WOULD YOU TWO SHUT THE FUCK UP!" 

My head hurts as I gently rub the growing lump on the side of my head from hitting the wall. Shrugging off Casper's hand when he tries to rub my shoulder to comfort me.

 As if fainting on the hard floor between their beds wasn't enough. 

Their stupid argument only made the throbbing worse and thankfully my shout is followed by silence. Casper now stuck with a bruise already forming right beneath his left eye from when Galen punched him immediately after my dramatic blackout. Galen tries to pull me off the floor towards his bed, but I push him off too. 

"I'm going to sleep with Micah," I huff and let the two of them simmer in their consequence as I slide down the ladder to my sweet angel who slept through the entire conversation, fight, and my run-in with the wall. 

"Aww, you must be so tired," I gently kiss their head and Micah smacks their lips as I get into their bed, bringing the yellow comforter over us while I hold them in my arms. Silence follows from above us, but I can feel them glaring at each other from down here. 

Frankly, I'm so tired I no longer care. 

I never thought I would have to tell Galen of all people to shut up, but I guess Casper can really rile up anyone, including his quiet brother.

 If it's this bad now, just wait until they're ruling the second largest house on Kailea together. 

I kiss the back of Micah's neck and they snuggle into my arms, using my bicep as a pillow while holding my hand in theirs. The soft rubbing of their fingertips against the back of my hand tells me they're wide awake at this point.

"When did you wake up?" I ask them and they wiggle a bit as they get cozy, my hand rested on their stomach as they smiled. 

"When you hit the wall," They whisper back and I groan, the bump still throbbing as I get comfy on the pillow. 

"Are they always like this?" I ask them and they nod in confirmation before falling back asleep, not helping my mild frustration with my immature and too mature boyfriends clashing. 

"Well, at least I have you," I whisper before falling asleep alongside them. 

***