22| Tonight & Always

18+ 

"Micah, I'm gonna be late. I can't find these charcoals you wanted," 

I grumble on the phone after calling them in a panic. I had searched through their stock drawer for the past hour for something they called 'celery stalk' colored charcoal, but there are only the normal ones. I can hear them sigh and hum for a moment before giving me something else. 

"I suppose the normal ones will have to serve as a decent substitute for now. They're in the small silver tin at the very back of the drawer. Don't forget your sketchbook," Micah reminds me and I easily find the tin, wondering what the fuck they were talking about with the light green colored charcoals. 

I slip them into my backpack and grab hold of the large sketchbook the size of my chest and stomach combined off the floor while Casper smirks from his bed where he was tuning his guitar. 

"What?" I ask him as I hung up on Micah without saying goodbye since I was going to see them in ten minutes anyway. 

"Nothing," Cas shrugs with that smug look and I put my hands on my hips. 

"Are you going to tell me what you're hiding or not?" I ask and he zippers his lips together. 

"Nope, I've been sworn to secrecy," Casper refuses and I narrow my glare to the point where he can probably feel my eyeballs burning holes in his skull. 

"Tell me now," 
"Are you always going to be this demanding?" 
"Casper," 

I can always get his attention when I say his name and he knows it too because his head snaps up and I can almost hear him getting mad at himself over it.

"Baby,"
"I'm listening,"
"There's no such thing as colored charcoal," 

Casper says and goes back to strumming the strings like nothing happened while I try to connect these invisible dots. 

"Then why did they...have me...Oh," 

I don't think I've ever run this fast, not even for gym class last year when we played tribal dodgeball. I don't think I should run this fast considering how out of breath I am by the time I reach the dark storage hallway at the top of the art building where Micah's art room is.