15| The Lunos Of Crimson

"Galen wants Casper to take you to the ball," 

After persistent pestering of my exhausted Michi, they finally cave during art class and I get my answers as to what happened last night and why they share the same dark circles as Casper. 

"What? Why?" I ask, my lower lip trembling as Michi gently puts their paintbrush back down and sighs. 

"Because he thinks you'll have more fun with Casper. Galen said Casper would be able to tell you how much he loves you and how beautiful you are and can talk the night away," They tell me the truth, unlike Casper who absolutely refused to say a word to me in history. Mostly because he slept through the class, but that's beside the point.

Michi pauses their paining and leans back on the stool, nervously running their fingers through their long blonde hair as they did so. I hadn't even bothered picking up my pencil in my distressed state and thankfully our professor doesn't care so long as we speak in hushed voices below her music. 

"You don't understand Tora. You don't see how hard my brother struggles because he doesn't let you. I've never seen him so excited about anything until you came along. Galen's always been quiet and to himself, then you suddenly sparked the life in him we didn't know he had," Michi explains.

I listen with my heart still painfully aching with every beat due to how connected I've grown to all of them. I can feel his immense sadness from here and I have no idea where he is.

"Galen's been practicing every night, trying to control his dominance so he can talk to you without you passing out. He's been going to speech therapy every day now which he despises by the way, just so he can say three words to you and you really thought he didn't care?" Micah reveals the truth behind the curtain of Galen and I'm taken aback.

"I had no idea," Is all I could say as Micah picks up their things and starts to put them in their backpack. 

"Of course you didn't. As I said, he doesn't want you to see him struggle," Micah says with a hint of anger in their tone.

"I didn't say it to him directly, how was I supposed to know he was right behind me?" I ask and Micah snaps.

"Why would you ask those questions in the first place? He can't talk to you but I can tell you he loves you more than you would ever know and don't you ever question that again," Micah states in a harsh whisper, drawing the attention of some of the students around us. 

"It's easy for you to say when he can tell you!" I fight right back before angrily grabbing my bag and storming out of the class before they could stop me. 

My anger could be seen in the way I walked as everyone stood aside when I came through the halls of the language department. I just wanted to go to my room and cry but no, Nero just had to open his ugly mouth.

"Oh look, it's that omega whore I told you about," Nero chuckles to his friends as I pass and I stop right in my tracks. My blood already boiling with Nero adding just enough steam to throw me over the edge. 

"What did you say?" I ask as I turn to directly face him, my hands tightly clenched at my backpack straps as I glare against his devilish smirk.

"I said, it's the omega whore-"

"Good, that's what I thought you said," 

I take no time to punch Nero square in the jaw where he falls back in shock followed by the dramatic gasps of his friend group who I'm sure all fucked my future husband at some point. 

The thought only adds to my anger and once he's on the floor with blood dribbling from his split lip as he painfully tries to move his broken jaw, I grab hold of his Kailea blue t-shirt. 

"Hey, next time you say my name make sure you put Lunos in front of it, whore," I growl and meet Nero's fearful gaze with a scowl before I drop his shirt to let him fall back to the floor. Dusting myself off before attempting to continue down the hall only to have a hard grip on my shoulder turn me down the wrong corridor. 

"What do you wa-" 

In my fit of anger, I failed to realize which triplet had grabbed me and for the first time I guessed incorrectly and should have known by the size of his hand that it wasn't Casper, but Galen. In an empty stairwell, his thumb and forefinger hold my chin as he turns my head. If I had a single scratch he was going to go bash Nero's skull in himself. 

"I'm fine hon," I sigh, thankful for his touch even if it's not out of love but pure concern. Galen touches my hands next, running them over my bloodied knuckles that were now bright red from the hard punch I threw. I try to hold his hands but he pulls them back and tries to walk away from me. 

"Oh no you don't! I hope you don't believe for a second you can just walk away from me like that," I yell at him as I jog alongside his long strides and Galen ignores me. 

"Galen Oliver Crimson, if you don't stop right now I swear to the gods I'll make you regret it for the rest of our lives," I threaten my own alpha like the bold annoying pup I am and he finally stops to give me a look as if he really can't already guess what I want from him. 

"Meet me at the south tower of the library tonight at five," I instruct before I have the audacity to walk away from him instead.