9| The Eye Of The Storm

"Good Afternoon Sensei," 

I bow as I greet my mentor and he nods, holding one of the rare ancient texts with gloves and tender care as he placed it on the shelf.

"Why hello Tora, how are you?" Levi asks as he scratches his chin and stares at where he placed the book.

"I'm alright, living and learning. Where's Hugo?" I question as I look around for my missing friend, surprised he's not waiting to call me out at his usual post on the desk. 

"Hmm, last I saw he was headed toward the historicals, but Tora..." Levi's pause makes me stop in my tracks and wait for him to finish.

"He wasn't alone," Sensei warns and now I'm more confused than anything, now rushing to historicals to find who my best friend could be cheating on me with, readying my huff of anger with a deep inhale until I found him. 

Hugo stood pressed against the bookshelf, locking lips with none other than the Princess of Forester, Kiana Grace.

A scoff escapes me when I try to breathe normally once again and the oddly matched pair break apart in shock. 

"Well, well, well, what's going on here?" I ask and the deep blush on the princess's cheeks told me all I needed to know. She was a gorgeous goddess of a woman, with the brightest Forester green eyes and the longest wavy brunette locks. Then you have my nerdy best friend beside her who barely stands out in comparison. 

Good for him, but what's really going on? 

"Um Kiana, this is my best friend Tora. He's the future Lunos of Crimson," Hugo smirks as he tries to make fun of me, but Kiana sucks it away with a single blow. 

"Ah, it's nice to meet you Tora, it's good to know Hugo won't be alone," She says with a bow of her head and I respectfully bow the full 90 as she walks away. Hugo's eyes watch her closely with his jaw unhinged until she turns the corner. Pulling himself together in hopes I wouldn't roast him too hard. 

"That woman is going to be the death of me," He says as he clears his throat and

"You sound like me and Casper," I retort with a soft sniff of the air, wondering why it faintly smells like my mates instead of the familiar bookish scent. Maybe it's because of all the time I spent curled up in Micah's arms. 

"Ah yes, one of your ferocious little kitties is here by the way, in the history section," He points and I quickly make the assumption that it could only be Galen. 

"So Princess Kiana of Forester?" 

"So Prince Galen, Casper, and Micah?" 

"That's not fair! I told you about mine!" I scowl and Hugo lets out a long unnecessary groan.