23| Galen's Heart

"Are you ready?"

"No," 

Galen huffs while I push the little metal buckle through the hole on the black five-inch heels I borrowed from Hugo. I had somehow managed to push everything in my room to one side just to have enough space to dance with him, connecting my speaker to my phone with a simple double-tap of the desk. 

 I hold my hands out so my tall gentle giant helps me up, both of us shocked when I finally come up to his shoulder for the first time. His hand sliding over my waist as I wore my favorite white crop top for the occasion paired with my usual skinny jeans while my alpha was fresh out of his Friday fraternity meeting with the other alphas and betas. 

His jet black hair slicked back with a single curl that falls to the center of his forehead. Today's earing was a little back stud to match his black dress shirt with tight gray chinos that make his ass look so fine. Galen's out here looking so hot for what? Me? 

Or is he just naturally like this? 

"We have one week left until the Anu ball. How long has it been since you last danced?" I ask and Galen curls his large fingers around my skinny ones with a slight shrug. 

"Great so two years ago in that one class? Well, let's see what I have to work with. Don't be nervous hon, it's just me okay?" I remind him and he pulls me close as the music starts and we start with the basic bachata. 

"Do you want to try talking today?" I ask him. Although he was trying really hard, we still haven't had a full conversation longer than three sentences. 

But what we've had is certainly an improvement from when he was silent for so long. 

"Yeah," 

He answers with that soft hint of shyness in his voice. He's so cute, I lean forward to just peck his lips before he spins me. Giggling with laughter, I'm pulled right back to his precious smile as we start getting into it.

"Okay hon, how was your day today?" I ask and we come close, rocking back and forth for a few moments. 

"Better now that I'm with you," He says, god I missed the sound of his voice. It's so dark, deep, slightly raspy, and masculine that if he wasn't born as an alpha he'd probably be gifted the spot. He was born to be a leader and if I don't pull this shyness out of him, he'll never reach his full potential. 

"I'm sorry honey, I feel like we've both been so busy I haven't spent a lot of time with you recently," I tell apologize but he doesn't look too upset about it. 

"It's okay, it's better that way," He says and my heart falls to the pit of my stomach. 

"What do you mean?" I have to ask and he doesn't say anything for a few moments as I spin him in a circle, our arms stretched out when he returns and feels my arm before his hand finds my waist again.