24| You Were Never a Mistake

"Michi? Galen told me

"Michi? Galen told me...huh?"

Micah's gagging catches my attention as they groan over their trashcan in obvious pain. They're pale in comparison to when I left them this morning and so weak they hadn't even noticed my entrance. My fists clench as I angrily wonder wondered why the two idiots didn't tell me earlier that they were this sickly. 

I instantly go through the list of lotus remedies, but it looks like I'll have to take a trip to the market if I'm going to make Michi some peppermint tea and ginger candies. 

"My love, what's going on?" I ask, now concerned as I sit down beside them while they just collapse back into bed with no energy. 

"I haven't been feeling good since this morning. Is this supposed to happen the morning after love? Why didn't you warn me? I have to do the alpha walk tomorrow," They ask with a look of hurt and betrayal in their soft doe-eyed gaze and I gently rub their side. 

"No love, this doesn't usually happen unless..."

I pause my sentence and can feel a single bead of sweat drip down my forehead. Looking them over as they groan slightly in pain. 

No, it can't be. Right? 

They're a beta and I'm an omega, that's not how this works right? Sex education always said it was impossible so they must just be sick right? 

I get closer to Michi, gripping their shoulder as I take a whiff of their scent. 

"Mmm Tora, go away. I don't feel good," Michi groans but their scent has changed.

 It's slightly sweeter than usual. 

Being a Lotus, I was practically raised in the medical field, but even an idiot would be able to pick up these obvious signs. 

But then again maybe they're just sick and they smell sweeter because they haven't eaten today, that could be it.

Right? 

"Tora?" 

Michi calls my name as they hold my hand and I blink a few times, my heart pounding against my ribcage as I give it a soft squeeze. 

Don't panic Tora, it's probably a cold?

Better to take them to the doctors just to make sure though right? 

Because if they are they'll have to start medication and...no, stop overthinking. 

"Michi, lets take you to the doctor. They can prescribe something to settle your stomach faster for tomorrow okay?" I convince them and they nod.

***

"Ah Mr. Tora, long time no see. This time we brought our boyfriend? What have you done to him?"