Opinion: Why not Casper & Micah?

~Ryley Kalem~ 

"Why hello it's your fellow author Ryley Kalem here to address the Wattpad controversy that is the sudden deletion of certain books after being bought by Webtoons," I take a strong sip of my coffee at 12 am on a Sunday morning, knowing fully well I have shit to do today. 

Chapter 36 with Micah and Tora is getting really heated and I think while I break from my little Micah's dreams coming true, I'll discuss this topic with my readers after everyone's been messaging me about it. Cause the readers wanna know right? 

Shit, I have to publish 33 right now... oh god it doesn't even have a header. 

"If you don't know what's happening. Wattpad changed their content guidelines and are cracking down on deleting books that violate these guidelines. I'll include a screenshot here," 

 I'll include a screenshot here," 

"So what this means in terms of sexual content is books that are strictly smut and one-shots are being removed from Wattpad. Books that contain illegal sex acts are being deleted, I've never written one of these, but I'm sure a lot of you are rushing to those private libraries to double-check," I explain while taking another heavy sip. 

I'm already mentally exhausted from the long week ahead which includes, my first testosterone appointment, finally moving to my own apartment after couch surfing for six months to save up this Saturday, debating the confrontations between Galen and Casper. 

I'm really excited for my first author desk though with its mint green aesthetic. 

"Anyway the only section of this that does apply to me is inc*st, which I know a lot of you are half shipping and half kind of weirded out on. Again, when I write I truly am unbiased and let my characters play out their lives in the movie playing in my head. I just stand there and observe in the shadows. Micah and Casper were getting close to the point in a sort of enemies to lovers type way, but I had to step in with my god powers like Wanda in Wandavision because this book would be deleted if it happened," I sigh as I look over at Grayson as he looks back and agrees. 

"How do I feel about this controversy? Guidelines are guidelines, my books don't violate them. although I do think authors should have the freedom to write their thoughts out and I feel for those who are having this platform stripped from them with nowhere to turn to. I do however have problems with the number of ads that play through my books. For reading other books sure, but I should be able to read through MY OWN GOD DAMN BOOKS without ads. Like there should be a distinct separation between authors and readers and I should at least make a couple of cents if you're going to use my hours of hard work to promote some stupid phone game to boost your profits. Especially after a book passes 100k," 

My nostrils flair and Gray looks at me confused as to whether or not he did something and I give him all the good pets to calm him down. 

"So this is why the ship will not set sail, Ima go fix up chapter 33| Dominant Omega real quick for y'all so stay a little bit for the next chapter! See ya,"