Chapter 16

The excitement was slowing turning into fear for your first day at the lab. You were very nervous and super close to a panic attack.

What if they don't like me? What if they don't wanna work with me? What if they don't listen to me?

You had expressed your concerns to your mom;

"Oh come on y/n, everyone likes you, stop worrying so much honey, you're my favourite child" she said.

"Mom I'm literally sitting next to you" Mia said.

"You're my favourite child AFTER Mia" your mom said and winked at you.

"How stupid do you think I am" Mia said, "but anyway y/n, I know you'll do great, don't worry, just get drunk or something before you go to work, I know that always helps you"

"I'm never asking you for advice Mia" you rolled your eyes at her.

"Stop saying all that Mia" your mom snapped, "honey, just breathe okay? Take green tea or something"

When you spoke to Eric and Maia;

"Darling no, being worried is not something we do" Eric said.

"Yes please, you've never been worried for a single thing , don't start now" Maia said.

"You're not helping" you said.

"Think of it like, 'I'm the boss bitch, fear me' " Eric said.

"I don't want anyone to fear me Eric" you said, "they're all the same level as me, equally qualified"

"But you're leading them" Maia said, "so technically you're the senior"

"Whatever, I'm hungry okay bye" you said.

Surprisingly, you got a pretty good sleep the night before and by the time you woke up, you were charged. There was a weird surge of confidence running through your veins.

I can do this.. I own the fucking world!

As suggested by your mom, you drank a cup of green tea instead of your usual coffee and moved out of your apartment.

You took a cab. On the way to the lab, you crossed BigHit building which brought back loads of memories but you shrugged it off and you couldn't believe it but you were actually looking forward to this.

You made your way in and stopped by the reception.

"Good morning, how May I help you?" the lady asked.

"Hello, I'm y/n L/n-" you started.

"Oh Dr. L/n, welcome" she smiled, "we've arranged the conference room, your team is waiting there"

"That's great" you smiled back at her, "thank you so much" you made your way to the conference room with the woman, you read her name on her badge, Ms. Esther.

The nerves were suddenly acting up again, you thought twice before opening the door to the room.
Once you entered, all ten of them stood up to greet you. It seemed like a feverish dream.

"Good morning" you greeted them with a smile on your face.

"Good morning Dr. L/n" one of them said.

"It's great to finally meet you" another said.
The rest of them gave similar responses.

You smiled at all of them, "it's great to see all of you on time, I hope we can maintain this enthusiasm throughout our term together, let's start off with introductions shall we?"