16 | One-Time Outing | 16

Sapnap POV

"Well, are you gonna start talking or what?" Karl asked intensely, leaning against the normally broken chalkboard towards the front of the class.

"I told you, I was just saying- nonsense!" Clay stuttered, visually increasing in worry. I turned to Karl and nodded, turning the opposite way and staring at the wall.

"You better start talking." Karl began to walk forward at my gestures, and at the footsteps I heard a small 'clink' noise. Like that of metal.

"Wh- Why do you have a knife? They're not allowed on school grounds!" Clay's voice was shaky and grew in anxiousness, but I knew that I just couldn't turn around. We'd made a silent agreement just a few seconds ago.

"Okay, okay! I give up! George told me. He said Tommy tried to push Toby out of the way so he wouldn't get shot. I don't know how he knows, he just does! Please don't stab me." Clay exhaled, filling his statements with powerful information.

After Clay admitted, I decided it'd be fine to turn around. Just as I did so, Karl dropped Clay to the ground and brushed his own hands off, smugly walking in the opposite direction. "Let's go Nick."

"Be right there!" I called out to Karl just before he left the room. I sighed, walking towards Clay and offering to help him up. He took the offer, hugging me quickly.

"Don't trust him." He whispered before pulling away and running out of the room, fear dripping from his body. I turned my head to see him leave and I began to feel guilt overcome me.

"You still coming Nick?" I heard a faint Karl shout from the depths of the school hall and I quickly but hesitantly turned my head in that direction.

"I'm on my way!" I responded with an unnoticeable shaky tone, beginning to walk down the same hallway as Karl and eventually catching up to him.

"Hey, don't listen to anything that guy says." Karl ordered shortly after I arrived at his pace. I looked at him oddly.

"Clay is my bestfriend... since middle school.." I protested but Karl didn't seem to want to hear it. I eventually gave up, rubbing my right arm with my left hand. A silence was shared between us until Karl noticed my gloomy mood.

"Hey, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be harsh." Karl looked at me softly, stopping in his tracks to apologize. I stopped walking as well, but only to nod.

"Please don't be mad at me, Nick." Karl continued to recognize my unusual behavior, but I only shrugged in return. We continued to walk but, per usual, only silence was heard between us.

"Nick.." Karl pleaded, tugging at my sleeve. He seemed quite hurt himself and that toggled something in my mind.

"Yeah..." I sighed, turning to face him. I didn't really want to hear what he had to say. He hurt Clay and then acted like it was no big deal. But then again...

"I'm really sorry."

"Yeah, yeah.."

"No, I really am!"

"Mhm.."

"Nick! Let me make it up to you."

"By doing what?" I asked lazily, finally accepting what he had to say. Before I could process what was happening, he grabbed my wrist dragging me down the hall swiftly. "Wait! Where are we going now?"

"You'll see." Karl teased, eventually making his way outside the food building. I trailed behind him, his hand still stuck like glue to my wrist.

"What about classes?" I questioned the bog in a panicked tone, not wanting my grades to lower because of this incident.

"Just forget about classes for a bit, alright? We'll come back in an hour or so." He grinned, turning his vision and laying a palm on my chin. I felt my face go red but I quickly brushed it off.

"Wha.. it's whatever." I forced out, rolling my eyes in order to avoid eye-contact with the new, playful Karl.

"Okay, Nick.~" He giggled and I managed to crack a smile. It was quite obvious at this point how extremely red my face was.

We continued to walk beyond school and farther into the city, stopping at occasional locations to browse through the stores that accompanied the sidewalks.

"Woah, a cafe! Lets go in here!" Karl begged, reaching a quite full, but lovely looking cafe. I agreed happily and we took a seat at the first table we saw.

"What do you wanna order?" I attempted to spark a conversation after a few moments of silence. The air felt normal once again, not as much tension as before.

Karl smirked, pulling himself over the table to get closer to me. "Are you on the menu?" He asked playfully, tilting his head while looking me in the eyes.

I instinctively pushed him away, laughing. Though he still seemed pretty confident with himself and that only made me smile even more.

"If the waiter comes, tell them I want an Iced Coffee, Medium. I have to use the bathroom really quick." Karl hopped up, running off into the restroom. I watched him leave, my eyes melting at the sight of his joyfulness.

How could I even think about staying mad at him?

Karl POV

I walked into the bathroom, closing the door behind me with the obvious thought of myself being followed. Once the door opened once more, I turned my vision extremely slightly to see a man in a dark grey coat. He wore a black mask and a baseball hat.

"Drop the knife." I instructed immediately. I could tell he had a small butcher knife by the shape of his coat and his quick hand gestures.

"Im not listening to a walking sinner. You'll burn in hell, gay sin." He sternly snapped, attempting to make me flinch. I didn't budge, only turning to face him entirely with an eyeroll.

"I'll kill your little boyfriend too."

"I don't think you quite understand." I muttered twitching. What he said triggered something in my brain that I couldn't shake off.

I began to slowly make my way to where he stood, though he only hesitated in return. He drew his knife as I got closer, attempting to scare me. It didn't phase me at all, and he soaked attention to that.

"If you touch Nick,"

"I'll kill you."

We stood in silence for a few moments, staring at one another. My eyes were terrifyingly wide, filled to the brim with pure bloodlust and his were merely hesitant, shaky and fearful.

After enough silence, I reached out my hand to grab his shoulder but he blasted off at the sight of it, dropping his weapon to the floor and sprinting out of the front door of the shop. I shrugged, picking up the weapon and putting it in my pocket. I quickly resulted to leaving the bathroom and returning to the table with Nick.

"What's up with that guy who just ran out? He looked like he just saw a ghost or something." Nick asked, pointing to the door he exited through. I smiled at his gesture, quickly breaking into a laugh.

"What? Did I say something?" He asked nervously. I noticed his quick blushing but that only made me laugh more. "What'd I say? Karl, what's so funny?!"

"Why're you red like a strawberry?" I jokingly asked, laughs being heard in-between my words. He quickly backed off, trying to hide his face with his own hoodie. "No~ don't hide! It's pretty cute." 

"There are so many people here! Stop embarrassing me..." Nick murmured shyly, closing his eyes and I giggled, picking up the menu and continuing to skim over the items.

Yeah, Nick. All I need right now, is you.

You make me feel safe and sound.

•+ Song For This Chapter +•
~ loverboy ~ a-wall ~