17 | Investigation-ing? | 17

Sapnap POV

"That was the funnest date I've ever been on in a while." Karl walked down the same sidewalk we entered from and I followed, continuing to keep an eye on our surroundings. It felt like we were being watched.

"It wasn't a date. Just two friends hanging out." I corrected him but he shrugged it off with a smile, ignoring my complaints. He was in his own little world, though that made me happy. "Anyways, don't you feel like someone is watching us or something."

"Yeah, definitely." Karl nodded in complete agreement. His smile didn't fall, though. I turned to him with a raised eyebrow. "They're watching from behind us but don't worry, they'll probably show themselves in a few."

"Are you sure?" I hesitated but Karl changed my mind from the subject, interlocking hands with me. I looked at him oddly for that. I'm just recently noticing how affectionate and touchy he is.

"100% sure." He nodded, refusing to break his joyous smile. "Anyways, let's discuss the George situation."

"George is my friend too.." I mumbled, feeling myself slow in pace as I walked but Karl sped me up. I looked at him with wide eyes, trying to shake the depressive feeling I had.

"Nick, you're gonna have to sacrifice some friends if you wanna help me. Otherwise, you'll be in my way." He continued to explain and I felt my expression change to despair quickly. "They're probably not even good people, anyway."

"I'm sorry Karl. I'm really no help to you at all. I can't even hold a weapon correctly." I shrugged, continuing to walk. I felt tears quickly reach my eyes.

"Hey, don't say that. You help me by just being alive." Karl stopped in his tracks, turning around to face me. This action caused me to pause as well. "I really don't know what I'd do without you."

"So please, don't give up on me now. Not after we've made it this far together. I wanna stay with you forever, Nick." He stated with pure genuine in his voice, squeezing my hand. "I'll always be by your side. No matter what."

"You're really red right now." He pointed out and started to laugh, continued to walk.

I laughed along with him, following but I couldn't seem to allow his words leave my mind. My thoughts caused me to drift from reality rather quickly. Does he really mean that?

"Yeah.. I was following you guys." A boy with a familiar voice stated and that quickly snapped me back into reality. I was so far gone, I hadn't realized we stopped walking.

"Clay?" I questioned, a shocked expression covered my face. He nodded sheepishly and I could tell he was shy. Karl didn't seem to budge.

"Yeah.." He mumbled. I turned to Karl but he was staring Clay down and seemed to have quite the grudge with him.

"Why were you following us, 'Clay?'" Karl immediately questioned and I nodded, following his stern voice.

"Well, you see. I wanna join you guys. I know this is sudden and I've been really shitty lately but.." He rambled on but I kept up with his words. Karl however... was in his own world.

"George is not a good person... at all. And I don't know how I'm just realizing this now. He almost killed me and what I'm saying is.." He continued on.

"I want revenge."

"I want to help you guys take down George. He says he's this Knov leader and he's gonna kill you all! I'm really confused but.. I'm sure I can help in some way." He finally finished his persuasion and Karl wasn't amused. However, I felt my heart break at his words.

"You can join us." I nodded in agreement out of pure instinct but Karl immediately perked up, looking at me crazily.

"Are you kidding? He'll be useless!" Karl complained. I turned to him, shaking my head no in a gesture for him to stop being such a baby. "But Nick, come on! Think about it!"

"Ignore him, you can come with us." I nonchalantly pointed to Karl and that annoyed him even more. He started to claw at my chest but I ruffled his hair playfully.

"Okay.. you guys seem like fun." Clay giggled, starting to walk. We both followed in his footsteps, Karl not so amused.

"Let's go take down George!" I enthusiastically yelled, loud enough for anyone within a mile to hear. Clay and Karl both quickly shushed me as I came to the realization he could probably hear me.

"Haha.. sorry.."

Technoblade POV

"I know your whereabouts, Techno. I'm coming to kill you. You could've handed Karl over peacefully and avoided all of this, but you didn't. You'll pay the price.-" The voicemail left by the opposing gang leader ringed in my ear until I eventually shut it off. Would he ever shut up?

"He knows my whereabouts.." I mumbled to myself, rethinking what the boy said. I stood up, walking into the kitchen of my home.

"I'm gonna need reinforcements."

A/N: the story is coming to an ennddddd 😳

•+ Song For This Chapter +•
~ sunset lover ~ petit biscuit ~