12 | Someone To Lose | 12

Karl POV

"Stay. Completely. Still." Zak instructed us all with a small whisper. We each listened to him intently. Thugs and hoodlums flooded the area like water. They each had a gun in hand and were ready to shoot at any moment.

"Where are you, pussy? Come out while you can." One yelled. I inhaled slowly, holding back my urge to kill each and every one of them.

"Maybe it was no one, Connor. You know how the hoods are. People shoot out everywhere." Another one suggested. I nodded at that, looking to Zak with a complete smile. Now, was the right time. The perfect time.

Zak peeped his arm and head over the worn out brick wall we hid behind. Slowly, he held his arm up aiming it at one quietly and fired a shot at one of them, making the fresh corpse drop to the floor immediately.

The gunshot alerted and startled everyone. So much that I could hear shuffling. I nodded to Darryl and he did the same as Zak, this time throwing a sharp knife and piercing the other thug directly in the forehead with it. He hid back behind the wall for protection instantly.

This struck an even more startled reaction to the group and they soon realized it came from the direction we were placed at. I broke a quick sweat hearing the large footsteps crumble the leaves on the ground.

I held my breath as I heard the footsteps become relatively louder by the second.

Suddenly, Tommy punched me in the arm and that caused me to turn my attention to him immediately. He nodded at me with a small smile. I questioned what he meant.

"Hey, dickhead!" He turned the corner smugly, revealing himself to the crowd of gang members. My eyes widened as he did that. It was too risky.

"Hey you little punk, you think it's funny messing with us?" I turned my head very slightly to reveal a horrifying sight. A hoodlum held Tommy at gunpoint. Aimed directly at his head, the thug began to pull the trigger.

I saw nothing but red. I have to protect Tommy. I have to kill him.

Before I could move, Zak fired a gunshot piercing the hoodlum's brain and causing his corpse to spray dark blood to the ground. At that cost, Zak was exposed to the crowd.

I ran into the crowd and grabbed Tommy by the wrist, placing a hand in front of him and holding him behind me, defensively. The crowd began to close in on us but I didn't break. I held my ground.

Darryl exposed himself to the rest aswell, throwing 5 small knives all at once and killing 5 more hoodlums at the same time and at this point, we were all seen.

"Karl. That's Karl." One of the guys pointed at me. I reached into my back jean pocket, taking out a pair of spiked nunchucks. I swung them around, looking at every single thug before me.

"Grab the kid." I heard one of them whisper.

Before I could process it, Tommy was swiped from my grasp. I turned my attention to the figure and to my demise, they held the boy in a choking position. My eyes widened at that but it didn't take long for me to charge at him.

I grabbed the thug's arm, slicing it clean off with the spear on the near bottom of the nunchucks. He dropped to the ground and a blood pond followed him.