19 | What do I want? | 19

Sapnap POV

( ! RECOMMENDATION ! )
Listen to; For Him by Troye Sivan while reading

"Hey, Nick. While we wait for Niki, can I talk to you alone for a little bit?" Karl asked with a smile. I nodded and we both went into Techno's bathroom by ourselves.

"What's up? Is something wrong?" I immediately asked in a pessimistic tone. He shook his head no and my expression was filled to the brim with question.

"No..just.." Karl sighed, intentionally looking away from me. I could tell he was nervous by the way he gripped the bathroom counter. "I wanted to say.."

"Thank you, Nick."

"Thank you for everything you've done for me."

My eyes lit, beaming with joyfulness. They showed what felt like sparkles at those words. I felt my heart rate increase and the room felt as if it was closing in on me. Is this really happening right now?

"Before I met you, I thought that my future was just to be a heartless gang leader and follow in Techno's footsteps." He started to explain, leaning onto the bathroom counter. I listened intently. "Now that you're in my life, I know that's not true. I never really wanted to be a gang leader."

"I want to be a normal kid. I want to be with you."

"Nick, you are.. the light of my life."

"And I don't know.." I heard his voice break and my heart dropped. I immediately ran over to comfort him, wrapping him with my own arms.

"I don't know what I would do without you.." I felt his hot tears soak my hoodie but I could care less about that. I put it as my priority to keep Karl safe in my arms. Just like he does for me.

"You were there for me when Tubbo and Tommy died.. you trusted me with your life even seeing how many people I killed.. you hugged me so many times.. like right now!" He continued to sob but I continued to comfort him. "You were there for me when I couldn't even be there for myself!"

"Nick.. I love you."

His words were muffled within the depths of my hoodie but I heard him completely clear. All I could manage was staying silent. I don't know what he means. Is he saying this as my friend.. or as more?

I stood perfectly still and quiet, feeling the silence run through each of us. Karl pulled himself from my grip and looked up at me, tears streaming down his cheeks.

It wasn't a depressive silence, or an uncomfortable one at that. Karl continued to sob though, he knew my exact feelings. I could tell.

"As more than just my best friend."

"And I don't want to be.. in this stupid gang forever."

"Nick, after we kill George. I want to move in with you and forget about everything else. Just you and me against the world, okay?" He wiped his face clear, and his eyes shimmered in the dim lit bathroom. His face was a cherry pink as he slowly closed his eyes with a smile.

"I.." My words came out before my brain could process what was even happening at this very moment. "I'd like that. I'd like that a lot."

Karl giggled calmly, jumping into my arms and covering my cheek with a softly placed kiss. I loved it. I loved this. I love him.

We both started to laugh as we pressed our foreheads up against each others, almost allowing our noses to touch. It was exactly like Heaven to me. It was.. amazing.

"You know I love you too, Karl."

"Yeah, I know.."

A/N: veryyy short chapter. the next one will be longer I promise. :)

+• Song For This Chapter •+
~ for him ~ troye sivan ~
~ new light ~ john mayers ~