20 | Strategize and Strike | 20

Karl POV

I sat on Techno's couch, specifically laying horizontally across Nick's lap as I watched stupid videos that came across my phone.

"Aww! What a cute couple!" A familiar voice rung through my head as it became increasingly louder. My eyes widened as the voice because more specific and recognizable the closer it came.

"Niki?" I sat up immediately, turning my head to the figure. I broke a small sweat at the fact that it was Niki, and clung to Nick. He rubbed my back calmly.

"Hello Karl!~" She smiled at me but I avoided eye-contact, burying my face into his shoulder. He continued to rub my back, but it wasn't calming me down. The presence of Niki terrified me.

"Please... go away.." I forced out, continuing to hide in pure fear. Eventually, Nick wrapped an arm around me after seeing just how feared I was.

"Hey, Niki..!" I heard Techno walk over from quite far away and force out a greeting. Nick also decided to wave to her with a friendly aura. "Hiii, Niki!"

"Hi everyone!" She sweetly responded but I refused to buy it, turning around and crossing my arms. I stared at the ground, feeling unplaced.

"Well, Niki.." Techno started his statement by walking into the dining room. Nick and I both followed him, Niki not too far behind us as well. "We need to come up with strategy to take down George, the newest leader of the Knovs."

"Tell me all you know." She ordered, sitting down at the dining table calmly and staring into Techno's eyes. I sat down quite far away from her and Nick sat next to me.

"Well, his name is George Davison. He goes to the same school as Karl, Nick and Wilbur. We don't know much else.." Techno explained, but quickly came to a realization. "Oh! Nick told me him and Clay used to be close, but George ended up using him for money. They fell out and Clay knows everything else."

"Who's Clay?" Niki asked, turning to Nick and I with a confused look on her face. She didn't seem to recognize Nick either, obviously.

"My best friend." Nick answered quickly. I felt faint rage at those words. I thought Nick was MY best friend.

"He's on our side and knows about everything. I'll call him and tell him to come over." Nick explained, taking out his phone and dialing Clay. I clung to him, pushing myself up and listening in on his phone call.

"Karl.." Nick giggled, looking at me with an expression that said 'I love you more than him. Don't worry.' I sighed, sitting back down regularly and putting my head on the table.

"He'll be here in 10 minutes. He was hanging out with Grayson and Sam." Nick shut off his phone, putting it in his pocket and comforting me.

"Right." Niki nodded, turning her attention back to Techno. "We will plan this," She took out her phone and opened up the notes app, beginning to type.

"Techno will stay here since it can't be risked for him to be caught up in the fight. Zak and Bad will both go with Karl and attack George." Her accent shined in her words and everyone at the table continued to listen intently. "When you see George unguarded and alone, after killing his men, strike him. Clay will stay here with Techno and call Zak if he suspects any suspicious activity."