9 | Serial Killer | 9

Sapnap POV

"You all have your chosen places to sleep, right?" Tommy almost hesitantly asked. I looked around the small building and eventually, outside the window.

It was almost silent aside from the quiet pitter patter of the rain hitting the walls and the roof of the wooden structure. It wasn't raining as hard as before, fortunately. It was merely a sprinkle outside.

I turned to look at everyone. Karl was already asleep on the couch which I found rather funny. Darryl and Zak were sleeping next to each other in the kitchen. I was sat in what I prayed was the living room, just across from Karl.

"Yeah." I replied for everyone since I seemed to be the only one awake. Tommy nodded with a weakened but sincere smile, walking into what I assumed was his bedroom.

I laid on the floor silently, listening to the rain hit the windows. I closed my eyes, forcing myself to sleep.

I couldn't. I seemed to be paranoid.

I sat up after a few moments of silence. I looked at my surroundings and nothing had changed from what I could tell. I ignored it, standing up and making my way outside.

The light rain immediately attacked me but I mostly ignored it, sitting up against a mainly rotten fence. I sat staring at the damp grass and reprocessing everything told to me. I felt horrible with myself.

Lost in thought, time had slipped through my fingers as I barely noticed that the rain had stopped. Surprisingly enough, what brought me back to reality was the sound of unknown voices. I winced, hugging my knees as the voices were clear and loud.

"Luke, I doubt they're here. Hell, it doesn't look like anyone's here. Eret already told you, anyways. This place is clear." A voice from behind me boomed. I stayed silent, breaking a sweat and closing my eyes. I felt myself instinctively taking in their words.

"Stop being so oblivious. This area ain't clear." A rather different voice sarcastically responded. "This is where them 2 kids sell out drugs, ain't it?"

"I literally don't know what you're talking about." The voice from before returned. I shook off my pessimism, continuing to eavesdrop. "Are you talking about Karl?"

"No, but Karl Jacobs is real close to them. Karl.. that serial killer can't be stopped no matter what. Scary to even look that kid in the eye." I took in his words, feeling my heart rate increase. Karl is harmless. Right?

"I heard he's been hanging out with some new kid from the West. One of the richies." The other commented. The first one snickered and I felt my heart drop. Are they talking about me?

"Do you hear something?" One asked. With a worried eye, I clenched my jeans, taking in a deep breath and not letting it go.

"No..? Are you alright?" The other one responded. I stayed in my current position, refusing to let go. I couldn't risk being seen.

"Yeah... sure.." He mumbled, barely close enough for me to hear. I smelled cigarette smoke after the few statements but I tried my best to ignore it, staying still as a statue. "I guess I'm just hearing the wind."

"Drugs got you down, huh?" One chuckled. The other one joined in. After a little, their minor chuckles became increasingly distant up until the point that it was out of range for my ears to point out.

I sighed in relief, standing up and brushing myself off. I walked back inside of the shack, sitting in my original spot. Karl was surprisingly awake.

"I heard the guys." He dryly greeted me with a low tone. I assumed he didn't want to wake anyone. "You hid well" He added.

"Yeah.." I murmured, reanalyzing what the unknowns said. The only thing that constantly brushed my thoughts was Karl being known as a serial killer. I glanced at him with a blank stare.

"Nick.." He didn't look back at me. In fact, I noticed he was staring at the wooden floor. Bags were under his eyes and he twiddled with the tips of his fingers nervously. "Do you think I'm scary?"

I hesitated, unsure of what he wanted to hear. I looked at him, then at the palm of my right hand: I switched visions between those two things, focusing on my thoughts.

Karl saved me. Multiple times. He was willing to be my friend, no matter how awkward I was. He relieved me when no one else would.

What right do I have to be scared of the most caring person I've ever met?

"No. Why would you be scary?" I firmly responded after a few moments of silence. He shifted his blank vision to me with a shocked expression.

"What..?" He whispered to himself. I barely heard it, but I wasn't really interested in that. I wanted to focus on Karl's emotions. I could tell he was visibly in pain. "You're not afraid of me?"

"I already told you, Karl. Of course I'm not." I reassured him to the best of my abilities, standing up on both feet and walking to the part of the building he sat at. I seated myself down next to him and he looked up at me with a relaxed smile. It soon dropped at his next words.

"Didn't you heard what those people said, though? I'm a heartless serial killer." He focused his field of vision back to the wooden floor. I laid a hand on his shoulder.

"I.." My heart began the statement for me. It hurts me not only mentally but physically to see Karl this unemotional. He was usually hyper and enthusiastic.

"I'll never be scared of you. No matter what you are, Karl. You could drag me to hell and I'd still be friends with you. You saved me multiple times and if I could repay you in any way I would." I blabbered on, calmly.

My heart continuously kept saying word after word that my mind couldn't keep up with it and began to slur my words.

"You might be a little reckless and you have some qualities I may not agree with 100% but to me, you're perfect. You're just interesting in general and I find that so-" My mouth continued on but was cut short by a quick, soft impact. Karl's arms wrapped around my torso.

I stood still for a moment, still in shock but I slowly sunk into the hug, wrapping my arms around him aswell. I slowly laid back on the couch. Karl's head was placed on my chest and his legs were intertwined with my own.

With his arms wrapped around me, and mine wrapped around him, I slowly felt myself drift into sleep.

I couldn't sleep before, and I thought it was just paranoia.

It wasn't.

It was the need for me to be touching Karl in any type of way.

Because of how safe,

And how warm,

His touch made me feel inside.

A/N: pog late chapter

•+ Song For This Chapter +•
~ feelings are fatal ~ mxmtoon ~