Chapter 26. Darkness Behind The Shadows

Third person POV

Pitch black.

Quiet.

The worse nightmare.

The blonde didn't know how long he stayed in the room.

Hours? Days? Weeks? Months?

He don't know.

It felt like eternity.

He was constantly worried about what happening outside the world. He prayed everyday that his friends, family and his boyfriends safe and sound.

He missed them a lot.

The only thing he could rely on was the tracker that Yamato gave him where he placed it in his phone. But sadly it was taken away from him but they didn't notice the tracker inside. Orochimaru along with Kabuto were in their special lab, making different kinds of specialized drugs to test on him.

But they still need a bit more time to finish it.

For now, he's still safe.

Naruto was shaking, shivering in fear in the dimly lit room. He couldn't really stand rooms like this. Zabuza and Haku sat beside him trying to protect him from Kurama, Orochimaru, Kabuto and Pein.

Sad eyes stared at the blonde as Haku placed his tied up hands on top of Naruto's, he gave a light squeeze to cheer him up.

"Naru chan, we're here with you. Zabuza is trying to think of a way to get out of this place." He whispered softly and glanced over to Zabuza.

"Naruto. We won't force you to tell us what exactly happened to you, but you need to eat something. When was the last time you last ate?" Zabuza frowned and furrowed his eyebrows as he reached out to clench Naruto's hands.

Naruto felt the warmth coming from his two friends and relaxed just a bit. He finally uncovered himself and looked up to meet their eyes.

He wasn't the bubbly blonde that they all knew, his eyes were puffy from crying and his sun kissed skin no longer had that usual glow, it was slightly paler. The crystal ocean eyes of his were dimmer as if he lost his light. The two knew Naruto was devastated. The three of them haven't seen the light for at least three days.

They've lost count since then.

"Z-Zabuza senpai....Haku senpai...I-I...."

Naruto was about to speak but the door creaked open, the three turned to the sound and were silent. Naruto saw the one he hated most in his life.

Kurama's bloody orange eyes glowed mischievously as he scanned the room until he met Naruto's. The blonde flinched and shivered once again. The disgusting feeling crept up to him, making his stomach filp.

"Naru chan. You're coming with me now." Kurama evil grinned as he walked over to him, target locked on.

Zabuza made Naruto hid behind him, his composure as calm as ever as he stared at Kurama, eyes slightly glared at him.

"Where are you bringing him and what are you going to do to him?"

Haku wrapped one of his arms around the blonde's waist, protecting him. Kurama stood in front of them, his grin got even wider and stared down at them like they were his preys.

"None of your fucking business. You two are my prisoners while Naruto is my cute little target."

He turned his focus to Naruto and swiftly grabbed his wrist with force, pulling the blonde to him, Zabuza and Haku were surprised that he could move so quick that their eyes couldn't follow.