Chapter 30. A New Beginning

Naruto's POV

"Gomen ne. I made you guys worried. So.....what did I miss?"

I woke up on the hospital bed and saw my boyfriends, Akatsuki, Haku, Zabuza, Kaa san and Tou san.

"N-Naru...!"

Iruka and Kakashi went up and gave me a big bear hug as they cried tears of happiness, rubbing my back and head with their hands.

It feels like I haven't seen them in years. That made me teared up too.

I buried my head to their shoulders and cried as I clenched their shirts tightly. The warmth coming from them and their touch.

Feels like home.

I'm finally back...

Back to their arms.

Iruka cupped my cheeks with both hands, using his thumbs to wipe the tears away and said, "Naru, you were gone for three weeks and slept two days straight. How are you feeling...?"

"Mhm... It's just that I had the weirdest dream..."

"What kind of dream, Naru?" Kakashi asked as he brushed my hair backwards playfully.

I recalled back my memories and said, "Kinda deep but I felt like my soul floating out my body and the weirdest thing happened! I grew wings!?"

Everyone was stunned when they heard what I just said. I blinked a few times and tilted my head.

Did I say something wrong...?

"Actually...you did grew wings, Naru chan."

I glanced over to the spokesperson who stepped out from the group and widened my eyes in shock.

Pein senpai!?

W-Why is he here?

"P-Pein sen....pai? B-But how...?" I stuttered out and reached out my hand to touch him to see if I was dreaming.

Pein caught my hand and gave light squeeze, now I'm pretty sure he's real. He sat down beside the bed, worried eyes staring back at me.

"Naru chan. This is going to be a long story. Don't freak out, we'll explain everything to you."

I nodded at him and calmed myself down. Iruka and Kakashi placed a kiss on my forehead, ruffling my hair softly.

"Naru, me and Tou san had to go back to the academy first. We'll let some time for you to spend with the guys, alright?"

"Mhm! Go to work now, Kaa san, Tou san~"

They waved back and left the hospital room. It's only me and the guys left.

I gave my brightest grin to them and arms spreaded out wide. I sure missed them a lot.

"Tadaima! Did you miss me- Oof!"

Lee, Kiba and Obito hugged me straight away before I could finish my sentence. I chuckled a but and gladly returned the hugs to them.

They're like kids.

"Naru chan~! We missed you a lot..."

"Lee kun, Kiba kun, Obito senpai. Rest assured! I'm feeling much better already! See!"

I raised both my arms and waved, Taiyou flew to my head and rested on top. It stared at me upside down and chirped.

"Nar chan Naru chan! Genki genki!"

I gasped and gently cupped Taiyou into my hands. It chirped a happt tune and rubbed its cheeks against my fingers.

"Taiyou, where have you been?"