Chapter 29. Still A Mystery...?

Third person POV 

On Yamato's side...

Yamato and Kakashi stood as the elevator took them up to the rooftop. They held the gun and reloaded bullets in it, staring at the floor plate with numbers rising up.

"Kakashi, my men surrounded the base, all escape routes are blocked. They won't be able to leave."

"Literally cornered huh? Let's see how can they escape from here."

Ding!

They arrived the rooftop and saw the three were boarding on a black helicopter that was about to take off. Kakashi and Yamato wasted no time and rushed over to them but the gust of wind made them unable to open their eyes.

Not seconds later the helicopter took off amd rose higher and higher. Even though they couldn't really open their eyes wide enough, they simply shot towards the helicopter by hearing the sound of it.

Pang! Pang! Pang!

The helicopter was built to resist bullets, the bullets fell on the ground as they rose higher and higher, Kurama looked down and yelled with a hint of smugness in his tone.

"Bye bye~ We'll be back soon for Naru chan~"

"Fuck you and your crazy immortal shit Kurama! We'll see about that!" Kakashi cursed out loud and held up a middle finger to the air.

Yamato dialed with his phone and informed his team to try and locate the helicopter. He was sure with one thing.

Anyone who owns helicopter is either rich or an important figure.

All that shit that happened up to now wasn't only Kurama, Kabuto and Orochimaru.

There's someone behind all this.

Someone with great power and wealth.

Yamato and Kakashi headed back down, they had mixed feelings about the outcome of this although they had a hunch.

Broken. Tired. Furious.

They could have caught Kurama and the other two, but they could wait anyways. Naruto was their first priority. They had to make sure he was safe from their dirty hands.

Sirens were heard outside the base and the hideout was surrounded by the police. When they were out of the base, Pein, all Akastukis and Konoha Boys along with Haku and Zabuza were questioned by the police. Some police officers started to set up and wrap the area with police tape.

A man in his late sixties wearing a black suit with black sunglasses walked towards Jiraiya and Tsunade. Yamato and Kakashi also joined them with some men did a little jog to Yamato. They stopped in front of him and saluted.

"Yamato Taichou! We're sorry that we couldn't locate of the helicopter and Uzumaki Naruto was sent to the hospital immediately."

Yamato sighed but patted their shoulders twice. "Alright. Go and search the base completely and report any findings to me."

"Hai! We'll leave now!"

When the men left, Jiraiya pinched the bridge of his nose and spoke in a dejected tone.

"Although we couldn't catch those bastards, but at least Naruto is safe."

He then turned to the suit man who was standing behind him and held out his hand.