Chapter 17. The Hokkaido Trip (Part 1)

Two days later...

Naruto's POV

Our Christmas vacations started yesterday and today we're going to the Hokkaido trip! I was so excited that I couldn't sleep and also...I'm going to give their Christmas presents! They are now in my bag, each wrapped in tiny Christmasy wrappings. We woke up early and got ready.

Jiraiya drove a huge van fit for twenty people to the entrance of the academy. Akatsuki and the nine of us loaded our stuff to the back of the van and got inside. Iruka and Kakashi were sitting on the first row. I kissed on their cheeks and went to the back.

I sat by the window on the last row and Taiyou flew down to my hand, nudging my fingers.

I smiled and brushed its feathers with my index finger. Taiyou liked the feeling of being brushed. It looked happy.

"Naru chan, can I sit beside you?" Shikamaru asked with a smile.

I smiled and patted the space next to me. "Yea sure, Shika kun!"

He sat down beside me. Hidan pointed to Shikamaru and yelled.

"AHHHH! YOU STOLE MY DREAM SEAT! YOU PINEAPPLE BA-"

Kakuzu was behind him and hit his head. "Oi! Don't make a fuss. We got to spend time with Naruto for a week anyways. Sit down!"

Hidan rubbed his head in pain and was forced to sit down by Kakuzu. He then turned his head to look at Shikamaru and made a gesture of pointing two V signs at his eyes then pointed to Shikamaru telling him that he'll be watching him.

Shikamaru smirked and slid his arm around my waist. Hidan growled and wanted to stand up but Kakuzu forced him to sit down again.

'We want to sit with him too but we got to spend a week with him so it's fine...for now.' Everyone thought except Naruto and settled down their seats.

Jiraiya used the rear view mirror to look at us. "The ride will take at least three to four hours depending on the traffic, so you guys can take a nap or something. Are you guys ready for this trip?"

We all pumped our fist to the air. "Ready!"

Jiraiya chortled as he started the engine. Then we took off.

"Let's go! Let's go!" Taiyou chirped loudly while Akamaru barked.

I wanted to make lots of memories in this trip so I brought an instant camera with me. I'm going to take lots of nice photos!

I held up my camera, aiming at Shikamaru and clicked.

Kaa-cha!

An instant photo poke out from the camera. Hehe~ He look so handsome and cool!

Shikamaru snatched the photo away from me and looked at it. He smirked as he leaned over to me.

"Heh~ Naru chan, you really like me that much that you have to take a photo of me?"

I used my camera to hide my embarrassed face and said, "Ba-Baka!  I want to treasure the memories I made in this trip so I tried out the camera by taking a photo of you since you're next to me..."

Shikamaru poked my cheeks and handed the photo back to me. "Maa...it's fine for me but the real one is next to you right now."

I chuckled and hugged him. "Of course I rather have you more than the photo!"

Shikamaru widened his eyes and covered his mouth, blushing. 'Troublesome cutie...'

For an hour, I took a huge bunch of photos.