Chapter 27. A Speck Of Light

Third person POV

The orange haired man with piercings sat on the chair across the room without a word, he simply stared at the two hostages in the room.

His eyes glowed red like blood, he was currently being mind controlled by his friend, Kabuto.

Haku and Zabuza stayed on guard sitting side by side on the hard ground back to back tied up. Eyes filled with hatred as they glared at Pein silently.

There's something weird going on...

Instead of being afraid of him, there's something that felt weird for them.

They just had this feeling...

"Hey Zabuza, somehow I don't feel threatened by him. Do you have this feeling too?" Haku whispered softly but enough for Zabuza to hear it.

Zabuza stared at Pein for a whole few seconds then replied. "Mhm. He's different from the others."

Haku sighed deeply and looked up to the black ceiling frowning. "I hope Naruto chan is fine...."

"He'll be fine. We'll rescue him in two days."

The two widened their eyes in shock and turned heads at Pein. They couldn't believe their ears.

He was supposed to be in a mind controlled state so why did he speak as if nothing happened!?

They stared at him in disbelief as Zabuza squinted his eyes and spoke.

"Pein, you're actually not being mind controlled. You're just pretending to be, am I right?"

The orange haired man sat there silently and snapped his fingers. The red glow in his eyes vanished. His eyes softened and replied.

"Yes, I needed to do so to rescue Naruto and find more information on Kurama."

Haku blinked a few times, unable to believe his kidnapper. He shook his head and yelled.

"Don't talk shit to me Pein! You know what you did!"

"I need your help. Please listen to me." Pein spoke a bit more louder and firmer this time, his eyes were telling them that he had some sort of a plan.

Silence filled the room once again. Haku and Zabuza were still not believing him yet.

Why would he join Kabuto and helped him to capture Naruto, risking everything he had?

But first, why did he say that?

"Why, Pein? Why would you want us to rescue Naruto when you're the one who captured us at the academy?" Haku rolled his eyes in annoyance and spat out.

Flashback...

Just a week or more ago, Zabuza and Haku went back to the academy to gather their things in their own lockers. They still had some books and other stuff left inside so they decided to go back and pack up.

Haku let out a sigh and swung a recycle bag back and forth as he walked beside Zabuza. "Phew. Glad that I brought myself a bag together with me. There's way too many books in my locker."

Zabuza chuckled, he took out two folded recycle bags out from his pocket and waved in front of him with a little smirk.

"Just in case you forgot, I got a spare one."

Haku blushed a bit and huffed with folded arms as they walked to their classroom. "Hmph, are you mocking me now?"

"Ooh~ I wouldn't dare."