Micah X Reader - Secrets Pt.3

this is the third and final part to the MicahXReader-Secrets story! I will have heaps more Micah stories coming in the future of course!

{this story is written from the perspective of a cis female who uses she/her pronouns}

You had always been worried that Micah just wouldn't be interested in spending any time with you after the events at Beaver Hollow. The night after you two had rode off had not been a nice one. Pinkertons were everywhere and of course not all of them knew who you were, so you were often targeted, having to hide in Van Horn Trading Post for a while.

Both you and Micah had hidden in an abandoned warehouse and that's where you finally mustered up the last bit of courage and energy in your body to ask him the question that had been on the tip of your tongue ever since the two of you had become an item.

"Micah, what are we going to do now?" you whispered into his chest. "Is there going to even be a 'we'?"

Micahs brow furrowed and he sat you up from where you had been laying on him. "Y/N, did you seriously think that i wouldn't want to stay with you? I'm not just into you because of the Pinkerton thing. I'm just into you. And I love you, I guess."

"You guess?" you say with a laugh.

"Sorry, still not really used to this whole showing-emotions-to-other-people thing."

"I love you so much, Micah Bell, though you are an idiot at times. At all times. But I'm quite glad to know that I don't have to leave you anytime soon, though I still ain't sure if I should just be running from you," you wrapped your arms around his neck, and he pulled you into a soft kiss.

7 YEAR LATER
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You were never quite certain what possessed you and Micah to go and live on top of a horrible snowy mountain far away from any kind of civilisation, or what possessed you to get Dutch to come and stay here while he helped you and Micah get the money. Deep down, you knew that Dutch probably knew that you were both the rats and what Arthur had said about the both of you working with the Pinkertons was true.

But yet here you were.

"I fucking hate having Van Der Linde here," you sat down next to Micah, who was sitting by the small fireplace. "Wish he went hunting more often." This was one of those rare days where he had gone hunting.

"Not getting enough alone time with me, are you, L/N?" Micah teased, sliding an arm around your waist, pulling you firmly onto his lap.

"Oh shut up, you miserable moron," you say, confirming that you were just being sarcastic with a kiss.

Micah kissed you back passionately, down your neck and onto your collarbone.

Before anything could get any more serious, Dutch came barging in, ruining the moment, as per usual.

He had a worried look on his face and had his hand on the gun holster.

"There's shooting in the distance. Do you know what-"

"Micah Bell and Y/N L/N!" A familiar raspy voice called from outside. "Get out here now."

"Shit," you look at Dutch. "Stay in here and only come out if we get into any trouble."

"Can't believe Marston came calling. Well past his prime, most likely," Micah cackled, kicking open the door.

"Well, look who it is! Been a while since we last had the pleasure of seeing one another," he said, waving his arms around, his cold eyes glaring into John's.

You stepped out, cocking your gun, aiming it straight at Sadie Adler, who had also come along for the adventure it seemed.

"We ain't here to play around, Micah," John scoffed. "We're here so this can end."

"Why ain't Morgan here then? Too scared to come?" You laughed, your eyes darting between Sadie and John.

"Arthur passed away. But that ain't why were here, L/N," Sadie spat, "we're here because we're fucking sick of you."

You looked behind you as you heard the door of the cabin squeak open. Dutch. "Well, look who decided to join us," Micah laughed.

"You left me to die, Dutch," John said for the millionth time.

"You son of a bitch!"

Your eyes darted to where Micah had grabbed Sadie and had a gun to her head. They were entirely outnumbered. You had your gun pointed at John and so did Dutch. Micahs gun was right against Sadies head. Everything would be over.

You and Micah could take the money that you had saved up and get a house somewhere. You had talked about maybe living in Rhodes. You thought that would be funny because Micah had almost been hung there. You could tell Micah you were pregnant, something you had been extremely excited and nervous to tell him about. You knew he wanted a son so he wouldn't be too bothered. You could start a proper real life with the man you loved.

"What are you going to do now, Marston?" You scoffed, triumph gleaming in your eyes.

The sound of a gunshot brought you to your senses. Johns not dead. Sadies not dead. Your eyes flash to Dutch, his pistol aimed at Micah, who he's has just shot.

"No," you hiss. Your heart drops. "Fuck."

You turn to Dutch. "Get the fuck out of here or I will kill you right on the spot and I will not hesitate, Van Der Linde." You can feel tears of anger filling your eyes. John and Sadie have stepped back, obviously wondering what's going to happen.

Micah is keeled over, breathing harshly. You rush to his side, grabbing his face in your hands. "Micah, you need to stay, ok? You need to stay, for me, come on, you can do this." You apply pressure to the shot on his chest. "Stay with me, Micah, please." your whispers are desperate, but you can feel him slipping away. There's nothing you can do. You wipe your eyes, staring over at John and Sadie, who look quite discombobulated. "Clear the fuck out!" You shriek. Your eyes turn back to Micah, one band on his chest, one hand on his face. "I love you, Micah," you whisper. He slowly blinks his eyes. You're not even sure if he can hear you, until a small smile appears on his lips.

"I....." Micah croaks ,"I...."

A tear rolled down his cheek. You had never seen Micah cry, it just didn't seem like something that he had in him, tears. His eyes slowly closed as you stroke his hair. What were you going to do without him?

i'm just going to end this off here but i have SO MANY ideas for stories i'm currently working on a sadie chapter like a wlw story so get ready :D

PLEASE REQUEST SOMETHING I WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER