Sean X Reader - Reunited

happy holidays guysss! i hope everyone gets to eat some nice food, see some people you care about and if not, things will turn out ok and i hope you find something to enjoy throughout your day xxxxx

also this was a request! remember you can request anything you want within reason...

summary - sean comes back from being taken by the bounty hunters and you reunite
warning - swearing, suggestive themes
(this story is written for a female reader who uses she/her pronouns! feel free to change anything up while you're reading to suit your identity!)

————————————————————

"I'm going and that's that, Dutch," you begged, grabbing the man's arm. "I need to make sure everything goes smoothly, please."

It wasn't often you were begging Dutch Van Der Linde for something but ever since hearing the news that the gang knew where Sean was, you had been pleading with him to let you be apart of the rescue. You hardly ever went out on jobs, but this was important to you. You were getting the love of your life back.

"Miss L/N, I can't risk letting you go." Dutch sighed, sick of hearing this same spiel over and over again. "You know it's too dangerous."

"I don't care, I want to do this, Dutch. Please."

"I'm sorry, Y/N. The answer is no."

You storm off into you small tent, throwing yourself onto the bed. All you wanted to do was go and rescue him and make sure he was okay. You needed to.

"Y/N? It's Arthur. Can I take to you?"

You wipe a stray tear from your eye. "Come in. Dutch didn't send you, did he?"

"He did. Thought I could explain why you couldn't go in a "gentler" way, he said. Now, I know you love Sean, Y/N, but it would absolutely kill him if something went wrong on that job, you know that. I know you want to be the first person to see him, but it's just too risky. It will be a waste of time if we lose both of you. Me, Javier and Charles are going to do whatever we can to get him back for you. I promise." He finishes, patting you awkwardly on the shoulder.

You sigh. "Thank you, Arthur. Means a lot, you know. And fine, I'll stop complaining. As long as I get to see him again."

—————————————————————

You had never been more stressed out. You had been through a lot in your lifetime and this was turning into the worst. Mary Beth tried to calm you, Tilly tried to cheer you up, Karen tried to make you laugh. None of it seemed to work.

All you wanted was to know he was okay. Clutching your pocket watch, you drop into a chair chewing the skin around your fingers.

"He's gonna come back, Y/N," Tilly puts a hand your shoulder.

"He's a tough little bastard, and so are the boys. It ain't his time yet," Karen agrees, nodding.

"No matter what, we're here for you, Y/N," Mary Beth smiles sadly. "It will all work out."

You try to listen to the words of comfort but it's just impossible. All you can think of is what could be happening to him.

The sun already seems to be sinking, as the clouds turn from white to pink.

"I'm going to bed," you announce, facing towards your tent.

"Did you all miss me?" You hear a familiar voice call. You feel your heart stop.

You turn around and standing there is the man you love. You've never felt happiness like this before. "Sean," your voice cracks, as you run towards him. He puts out his arms, wrapping them around you tightly as you lean into him, clinging to him like you would never let go. You lean up, pressing your lips against his and he quickly returns the motion.

"I thought you were never coming back," you murmur to him between kisses, as he runs his hands through your hair.

"'Course I came back," Sean leans back, holding your face and looking at you. "You're not getting rid of me yet, love."

For the first time in the months, you feel a proper, real smile come across your face.

—————————————————————

"And that's how I met Dutch," Micah finished a story, his yellow teeth gleaming in the fire light.

"That story is such a lie, Bell," Sean laughed. "I was there!"

Everyone laughed as Micah stalked away, and Javier started playing a song on his guitar, singing in Spanish.

You rested your head on Sean's shoulder, your fingers intertwined with his. "I missed you," you say softly, stroking his thumb with your fingers.

"There wasn't a minute that I wasn't thinking of ya, ya know? Couldn't get you off my mind," Sean kissed your cheek, smiling.

Suddenly Sean pulls you up into his arms, bridal style. "Thank you, everyone, for an amazing party but me and the lady have a lot of catching up to do."

"Sean Macguire," you slap his arm playfully, but you can't help smile, because finally, everything is alright.

—————————————————————

sorry this is a bit short! im working on heaps and heaps of stories :)))

happy holidays x

requests ————????