How Members Of The Gang Deal With Loss

hi i really enjoy writing all the rdr2 stuff. i actually shifted to the red dead world because i'm a fucking nerd and if you want a story with little pieces about the things i did in the world i would love to do it! i'll probs end up doing it anyway even if no one wants it lmao
Trigger warning - talk of death and alcohol addiction/ unhealthy coping mechanisms
{this is the gangs reaction to one of the other members of the gangs passing, probably someone who has more recently joined the gang and someone they are close with. not a love interest!! i'll do a part 2 for that!!}
Arthur -
Arthur is the CEO of self blaming. If something bad happens to someone who he cares for, HE IS GOING TO BLAME HIMSELF. Even if there was nothing to do to help, you know he's going to beat himself up about it. He feels so much pain and genuinely wishes that he could have died in your place. He's honestly just a huge softy. He probably turns his pain into anger and shoots some random angry ranch owners ****(What I personally did after Sean's death when i played as Arthur)****

John -
John definitely uses anger to get out the pain of lost, maybe starting a bar fight or something like that. He would cry. He would NOT cry in front of everyone. Definitely in private and probably tell himself that he just got something in his eye. (He would then wait until the epilogue to speak about it with anyone.) A lot of bottle up rage and not speaking about it with anyone. One day Abigail would probably bring it up or Jack would mention them and he would tell them to shut up.

Dutch -
Dutch is a big believer of moving on. He would arrange a burial and pay his respects. I'm not saying he wouldn't feel sad, he definitely would. But afterwards, he would give the gang a big speech about how this was "the last one to go". Bruh.

Hosea -
Hosea would definitely be extremely upset. He's literally so pure, he would comfort anyone else who was also grieving. He wouldn't have high expectations of anyone grieving but I feel like Hosea would wish he could have done something about it and he would definitely sacrifice himself for someone.

Molly -
Molly wouldn't be ashamed to cry. That would probably be her coping mechanism. Just letting it out {by the way that's a really healthy coping mechanism pls cry if you need to} would be her way of dealing with it. Also some alcohol as we see in the beaver hollow chapter.

Miss Grimshaw -
Miss Grimshaw is literally an unemotional queen but if she was fond of you, she would be sad. She definitely wouldn't let it get to her at all though.

Susan wouldn't necessarily think that ⬆️ The shit I was writing just made me think of that good old video

Pearson -
As this is the 1890s we are talking about, it seems like a lot of the gang members would turn to alcohol. Pearson would be sad. I don't really know what else he would think but he would be upset and move on with the help of a bottle of  ✨💫⭐️GUARMA RUM⭐️💫✨

Micah -
Micah acts like he feels no pain but he probably can't handle the confrontation of a death that he actually cares about. It's obvious that Micah's not afraid to kill and he's not afraid of death, because it's not something he really worries about. He's probably never worried about death until a death comes that he cares about.

Charles -
Charles would definitely ride away and just get away for a few days. He's familiar with death and knows how to deal with it. But this doesn't mean it doesn't hurt. Charles isn't very good at showing emotion, so he would stay composed. His heart would ache though.

Bill -
Bill = "emotionless". When asked about a loss, he'd probably just grunt or say something about it being "not good." This doesn't mean that he wasn't sad at their death. Just means that's he's insecure and doesn't want anyone to "think he cares to much."

Herr Strauss -
I'm not really that educated on good old Leopold Strauss but I think he would definitely be upset. During the game, you don't see a lot of emotion from him. I do think he would sacrifice himself for someone. I do think that.

Abigail -
She would cry and feel absolutely horrible, and truly wish she could have done something to help. She would be in mourning for a far while.

Jack -
If we're talking about little Jack, he would probably be sad and confused he's only like 4 or some shit. If we're talking about slightly older Jack,

we don't talk about slightly older Jack, ok?

Karen -
Karen would drink, as we saw play out in the Sean situation :( She would be distraught and become moody and angry towards others. She would rely on alcohol to help her.

Javier -
Javier would avenge the death. Even if they died because of a sickness, he would kill whoever diagnosed them. If they died because of a wide animal, he would kill every animal he lauded eyes on. Obviously, this didn't really help the pain.

Tilly -
Tilly (like Dutch) would arrange a burial for them, but not to get it out of the way. She would do it to show them respect and love. She would leave flowers everyday and pay her respects. She would miss them but try not to cry to much in front of other people to not worry them.

Uncle -
Uncle would be the dead one. His lumbago is really serious.

Mary Beth -
Mary Beth would make it her duty to keep their memory alive. She would write all the memories she had with them down and tell stories about them. She would cry for a few days but then realise that she can't keep them alive. But she can keep them alive in spirit.

Lenny -
Lenny would be extremely upset to hear of anyone's passing, especially someone he cared for. He would do his best to stay strong but he would probably have a little silent cry to himself somewhere alone.

Trelawny -
Trelawny would not hide his emotions and express his sadness for their passing. He would try and look on the bright side of things but he puked genuinely disappointed that he couldn't spend more time getting to know them. He would want them back and probably think of them often.

Reverend Swanson -
He would drink away his sorrows and try to forget that it ever happened. He would wish for things to be different. And then probably go play poker at a train station.

Sean -
Sean would be extremely upset. People would immediately notice him acting strange because he's usually so boisterous but he would definitely lose that energy and just sit still for once. Obviously this is a huge change in his behaviour so people would comfort him and make sure he knows he's got support. Micah would bully him.

Sadie -
We already know how Sadie deals with death, after saying what she did in the story. She would find out what happened and do her best to solve any problems concerning the death. Be for this she would mourn and be quite moody for a while.

Kieran -
Kieran has seen plenty of deaths in his lifetime but that doesn't stop the ultimate pain he's feeling right now. He wishes he could bring them back every day.

hi i'm sorry this took me a couple of days to finish because i wanted to include all of the gang members. i'm currently working on a part 2 to this on how they would react to their lovers deaths so that should be ready in another couple of days!!